Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XT
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've read on here before that some guys rate the Superleggeras much better than the Ultras. I have an opportunity to buy new black Ultraleggeras at a really cheap price but was wondering why opinion says Super >> Ultra? From what I can see, the Ultra's are only very slightly heavier but support an extra 0.5" width. What is wrong with them?

(PS. If anyone has a pic with a white lowered Foz with black Ultraleggeras please post. I've clicked through pages and pages of the wheels pics thread without joy. Please.)

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,485 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Ultras. If you see people talking about the Supers more, it's probably just because they like the look.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
The ultras have spokes that go "thru" the lip. SOme people, like me, find it slightly odd looking. It isn't bad, it just isn't as clean looking as superlegs. If I had found a killer deal on Ultralegs before I bought my superlegs I would have snatched them up in a heart beat. They are still great looking wheels.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
it's just a style thing, I like them both.
I would jump at a set if it was a good deal, until then I'm holding my breath for the right set of SuperT Evos...

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
The SuperTs^^ are my favorites but I also like the Ultras and Superlegs as well...but the SuperLegs look a little better than the Ultras, IMHO. You won't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
I have the Supers on mine and love it. Granted its not lowered at all yet (will be soon!) It still looks good even with the factory ride height.

·
Registered
2008 XT
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Supers on mine and love it. Granted its not lowered at all yet (will be soon!) It still looks good even with the factory ride height.
It does indeed, very good in fact.

I have to agree, that through spoke look df the Ultras doesn't look as good as these . Mmm....I'm now wondering if its going to irritate me over time. But 50% discount is hard to turn down and I still think they will look better than my old WRX rims, and lighter too.

What to do, what to do....

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
815 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Always been a big fan of Superturismos, but they're hard to find in Subaru friendly offsets. They're fairly popular among the VW crowd, so you could find some in +35ish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts