Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FXT CVT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving a family member out to Houston, TX at the end of January. Thought I would take my time (5-6 days) coming back to SoCal and explore western TX, southern NM & AZ. Thinking Big Bend NP, White Sand NP NM, and Sonora in AZ? looking for suggestions for dispersed camping and trails my lifted (roughly 10.5" of clearance) '18 FXT can check out! It would be much appreciated, cheers!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
527 Posts
Moving a family member out to Houston, TX at the end of January. Thought I would take my time (5-6 days) coming back to SoCal and explore western TX, southern NM & AZ. Thinking Big Bend NP, White Sand NP NM, and Sonora in AZ? looking for suggestions for dispersed camping and trails my lifted (roughly 10.5" of clearance) '18 FXT can check out! It would be much appreciated, cheers!
I loved Big Bend NP in May 2015. Do be alert to old-fashioned signage thinking saying things like "Four Wheel Drive Required" - which I saw on the gravel road from Santa Elena Canyon to Terlingua. Wise-guy-me had his Audi A5 and charged ahead. I did make it OK without any damage, but clearly what the sign should have said was "High Ground Clearance Required". I carried a fair number of pieces of gravel all the way back to Seattle.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
367 Posts
I had a ton of fun driving and camping dispersed along the Mojave road. The end has a water crossing that you may need to skip but you can back track to several alternative exit points.

I made it thru the water crossing but I did have a buddy with a Jeep hooked up giving me a tow just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts