Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

341 - 344 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The lights I changed are the very outer small ones which sit inside the mudguards even though they are part of the whole headlight housing. They can't be reached from the engine bay like the headlight bulb can. We call them parking lights because you can leave them on at night if parked in a position where another driver might not see the car.

The L-shape headlight surround has to be twisted and pulled outward to clear the grill and headlight edge then pushed hard sideways. This normally breaks one of the clips. You always get a feeling that you are going to break the L cover as well.

Yes, it's the camshaft cap I was referring to.

The whining noise is often belt slip. I replaced the alternator belt and one idler pulley and I noticed it is losing a lot of rubber particles. I've looked at it a few times and it appears the v grooves on the belt are wider than the v grooves in the pulleys. I am assuming it will wear in although it has been driven for more than 10,000m (6,000 miles).

Converting Litres/100km to US gallons, my fuel usage is about the same as yours.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yay! Good to see the foz is alive and well. I get at least 8km per litre = 12.5L / 100km city driving.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Country driving my car returns about 7.5 to 9 l/100km which is a big difference than city driving.

Does anyone know if the manual gearbox produces better economy. The Mitsubishi I mentioned above is a manual.

341 - 344 of 344 Posts
About this Discussion
343 Replies
23 Participants
PeterfromOz
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing