Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
msoeres.dll could not be found is the error message I get when I try and open the program, I have tried upgrading from I.E 7 to I.E 8 but nothing has changed, have run disk check but still cannot open email.
I have 4 years worth of correspondece I would like to keep, not sure if a registry cleaner will work? any ideas?

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Download "Windows Live Mail" or whatever B.S. they call it now and it'll import all your Outlook Express stuff upon first time opening.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
62 Posts
Blue Fox is right, if you can, download Windows Live through Windows Update. You will probably have to go to (start), Windows Update and when it asks you if you want to do custom or express chose custom. I think it is a software update that is optional so go ahead and chose it from the list.

Your other option is to try to re-install the .dll file. You can get it from a website such as dll-files.com. You can just search for msoeres.dll on google and it will be the first hit usually.

Outlook Express has some goofy issues with storage limits sometimes, though this one sounds like just bad .dll. Either way, one of these two solutions should work for you.

-Joe

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
my first port of call would be to do a search for .dbx and .wab files. they should be in

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{A3189ECA-58B1-4493-8E4F-0F4443620989}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

where xxxx is your username.

find them and back them up as outlook express isnt the most robust program when it comes to fiddling and upgrades. now if you screw up you still have your emails.

if oe is broke then you need to fix it: Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

the above link is your best bet.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
I'd be careful with Live mail Andy. Yes it's a proper replacement for OE but is uses tons of processing power, and installs so many other components - tis another thing that made me go to Outlook.

If you're going down the replacement route I stand by my splashing the cash Outlook recommendation.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT Rinspeed manual 5 speed
739 Posts
Hi

Some .dll errors can be fixed by replacing the file missing or damaged!

msoeres.dll free download - DLL-files.com

Is a good source for stuff like this! Maybe you try that, worked several times for me with other files!

hope that helps

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have outlook on my machine but I prefer outlook express..
I have borrowed a dll file from the computer at work, do i just replace it or do I have to change the registry?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my first port of call would be to do a search for .dbx and .wab files. they should be in

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{A3189ECA-58B1-4493-8E4F-0F4443620989}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

where xxxx is your username.

find them and back them up as outlook express isnt the most robust program when it comes to fiddling and upgrades. now if you screw up you still have your emails.

if oe is broke then you need to fix it: Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

the above link is your best bet.
Linky not working mate..

·
Registered
2005 2.0XT Auto
461 Posts
I have to agree, Thunderbird is the way to go. It will import all your emails, contacts, etc. If you install the Lightning add on it feels more and more like Outlook as well...

And much more robust to boot.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT Rinspeed manual 5 speed
739 Posts
No just replace the .dll should work!

But backup your mails like an other user said above! And i would also prefer thunderbird :) use it myself ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I tried replacing the file, nothing happened..
I have taken your advice and migrated to thunderbird, why didn't I do it sooner, it rocks :Banane08:
Thanks guys for your advice :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

To solve the problem with dll try the System File Checker. Click Start->Run then enter "sfc /scannow". If you lost your emails try using this h_t_t_p_:_/_/www_emailadept_com/Outlook-Express-Recovery._htm_ software. Hope this will help.

·
Registered
99 Forester
89 Posts
GET SHOT OF IFFY MICROSOFT!!!

Go Thunderbird for your email and Firefox for the Browser. It is just so much better than the MS stuff. BTW try Defraggler for defragging it is absolutely ACE.

Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts