Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thru my random junkyard runs i found a near mint 2001 Outback the interior is pristine, i am taking the leather seats for sure but i also like the look of the dash and console and i am wondering is it swappable or am i stuck with my SF dash

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Very doubtful because the Outback is the Legacy platform while the Forester id Impreza based. Retrofitting would likely be required.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
X2
Seats should work fine.
Dash & console are not a bolt in.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,511 Posts
The seats will fit, but will sit an inch or more lower than your stock Forester seats. So be ready for that. You may want to switch bases or rails or something to make them fit better. I wanted to fit STI seats in my car but turns out that Forester and Impreza seats sit a good bit taller.

The dash won't fit. I think the BH (Outback platform) is a bit wider inside than the SF. You can grab any engine parts, wheels, brakes, etc... are all the same (on the H4 engine, NOT the H6) or will fit, but the interior is a different setup entirely (except for the CD/radio... lol).

Any more questions, just ask. I have the Outback and a SG Forester in the family, so I can compare between the two.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im used to low seats my old car a Taurus SHO had very low seats compared to my other family vehicles i mainly want leather back i miss it so much..and plus its only 150 for all them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts