Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was a clutz today pulling out of a parking spot and put a nice size dent in my right rear bumper...I'm almost positive the whole thing is going to need to be replaced....has anyone had to replace a bumper? Cost?

What a great way to start the week. eff. :icon_frown:

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
I have pushed out so many bumper corners, they are not so bad. In fact my front corner was crushed, I used a piece of wood and a bottle jack from the inside ( frame to bumper cover ) and you would never tell the difference.

I have done many other types of cars this way also. Bad part is when the cover is hit hard, and cracks.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
I've got one myself too, just too lazy to take the bumper off yet.

Heating the area before hand would be a good idea too.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
i used my fist. :lol:

but yeah if you have no creases nor cracks, you are good to just punch it and heat it to get rid of the crease. then the paint can be dealt with in whatever way you choose.. total repaint or just the section.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone... I may have to try and get up under there to see if i can't hammer it out...The paint cracked away but it doesn't look like the bumper itself actually cracked though. Thanks for (possibly) saving me some money!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
In the Classified section, there is someone selling the rear bumper from their silver FXT for some crazy $30 for something. Worth a check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts