Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head made contact with the corner of my open Forester tailgate today :shake:

I haven't seen so much blood since my cannula came out in hospital last month (but that's another story).

If it hasn't happened to you yet, be warned!

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
I do it nearly every time I'm working on the car. As im a slaphead, I've taken to wearing a hat for a bit of protection.

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Get a helmet to keep your head safe too.

G

·
Yikes. Head and scalp wounds bleed a lot, certainly a surprise when you cut your head for the first time and there's blood everywhere. :eek:

·
Registered
MY07 Forester 2.0X, 2.5XT 5M, 4EAT
335 Posts
Keep it quiet, you do not want EU to have all of us wear car helmets!

·
Registered
2003 forester 2.0 xt at
698 Posts
Hehe, i smashed my head in the roof, when getting out of the front seat once. Stood up to early. I almost fainted. That was comic :p

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
By the way, my "you won't do that again" comment was borne out of experience. Not sure that came across having re-read what I wrote.

I clonked my noggin in a RHS car park. Not sure the average punter had heard language like it before, certainly not on a day out to look at well kept gardens!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Try slamming a car door on small childs fingers

I feel your pain

PS No child was hurt in this (well not much)

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Many years ago when I was running my own gardening business I was asked to maintain a garden for a friends parents. Was warned that the up-and-over garage door didn't fully open. I must have walked into that garage 50+ times with no problems. But on the 51st, I forgot, smacked my head against the bottom edge of the door and ended up on my back. Didn't do it again

·
Registered
2018 Not saying.lol forwards and backwards
1,223 Posts
My finger nail is still blood shot after shutting it in the Audi's door 5 weeks ago!, I tell you, they're heavy buggers as well.

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
727 Posts
Dam that hurts!

I really feel for you as I did this last year whilst taking rubbish to the dump.
Loads of blood... and the recycling centre guys gave me this weird gel type plaster thing which made it look even worse as it was transparent!

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
done that myself.. ouch lol
best was a bullet ricochet, tiny scrape but lots of panaking [ no i cant spell lol] as it pled like mad.

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
done that myself.. ouch lol
best was a bullet ricochet, tiny scrape but lots of panaking [ no i cant spell lol] as it pled like mad.
Funnily enough this happened at a shooting range ...

I had a first aid kit and people to patch me up but my hair is still cloggedwith petroleum jelly - not a fashionable look!

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
im a r/o on thursday nights at a shooting range, and thats where it happened but on a night off and just gassing lmao

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im a r/o on thursday nights at a shooting range, and thats where it happened but on a night off and just gassing lmao
There shouldn't be any ricochets if the range is designed properly :icon_eek:

If it was someone mucking about I hope they were thrown out.

"Safe shooting is no accident"

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
this was the reason the mating at the back [stops small bits of metal and air gun pellets coming back] got replaced.
she is a old club and was built before the angled plate came into common use. but you will always get one person who feels my wrath lol
in there im a tyrant and will give anyone a bollocking if they so much as think about pratting about.
where do you shoot?
soz thread hijack :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts