Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is there a ots tune or maybe a tune I can use as a base tune when switching over to a sti turbo and intercooler? I was planning on doing the swap myself but Cobb only has a tune for the manual transmission version of my xt. Is there some other place I can get some sort of ots or base tune? Would the MT tunes work okay for a temporary tune just to drive it to a tuner? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,705 Posts
Hey guys is there a ots tune or maybe a tune I can use as a base tune when switching over to a sti turbo and intercooler? I was planning on doing the swap myself but Cobb only has a tune for the manual transmission version of my xt. Is there some other place I can get some sort of ots or base tune? Would the MT tunes work okay for a temporary tune just to drive it to a tuner? Thanks in advance.
Cobb should offer the Stage-3 OTS tune for the 04-08 Forester which covers the VF39/sti TMIC swap onto a car that was originally equipped with just the TD04 and Stock FXT top mount, regardless of Manual or Auto. Its an acceptable tune to use for a short period, but I would highly suggest you get it properly tuned. Subarus and Shelf maps have a history of inconsistency with older vehicles. Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they work just OK, and once in awhile they work just terrible. Its not so much a fault of COBB as much as it is just inconsistencies in vehicle condition, location, age and other variances that are hard to account for in just one single tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts