Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am shopping for a new 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X premium 4 speed automatic /all weather with

Auto Dim Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Luggage Compartment Cover
Popular Equipment Group 5B
Rear Bumper Cover
Security System Shock Sensor.

What would be the best price that i can get OTD for these specs in Bay area,CA?
Does anyone know a dealer who can get a good deal?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Ltd
8 Posts
Not sure, but I did a lot of research and contacted dealers in San Jose, SF, Marin, Oakland, etc.

Best place was Marin Mazda Subaru in San Rafael. Talk to George Nassif. Low key guy. He can get you any car that is "on the ground" from SF to Sacto. So, look at the various dealer websites (you can check inventory of each Bay area dealer via the Subaru delaer locator feature on the main Subaru website) and find a car you like, with the accessories you want. You can also get one with less accessories, and just add the ones you want. Most can be added easily.

The accessories you want are pretty common, in the ones I found on the dealer sites.

Capitol Subaru and Stevens Creek did not sound so good, I'd avoid them. Same with Albany and Oakland. I didn't contact Putnam or Carlsen. Only Marin had the low key approach I like.

George can show you what you like (tell him the "Judge from El Cerrito" sent you and you'll get extra good service, I hope). Eugene Tintoc is the sales head guy, that's the one you'll have to negotiate with. If you have contacted the guys at other dealerships and have a firm telephone offer from them, give him the figure and he will usually match it.

I got a 2010 2.5XT Limited, at about $500 less than the absolute final best offer from both Capitol and Stevens Creek. Eugene found a blue one at both Walnut Creek (but it was spoken for) and at Livermore. I got the latter one shipped over the next morning and bought it.

So, at least at Marin, you are NOT ties to only what they have in stock. Eugene can get cars even in from Auburn and Sacramento, if it is what you want.

No, I don't get a commission! But I've bought two cars from them ( Miata and this one), and went to several other dealers in the Bay area for other cars, and I'll go there if I want a Subaru or Mazda again.

Best of luck. Let me know how it goes.

ERS777

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Not sure, but I did a lot of research and contacted dealers in San Jose, SF, Marin, Oakland, etc.

Capitol Subaru and Stevens Creek did not sound so good, I'd avoid them. Same with Albany and Oakland. I didn't contact Putnam or Carlsen. Only Marin had the low key approach I like.
Ditto that. I'm into the low key, lowest price approach too. I was really impressed with Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City. I checked out the San Rafael dealer and was impressed with their service and attentiveness. But ultimately, I went with Carlsen. I too avoided Capitol, Stevens, Albany, and Oakland (heard some real horror stories in Oakland).

Nowadays, sales offices know that you can compare prices just by going online. Sometimes, if you surf the dealerships and ask for quotes online, a sales rep will call you back soon. Then, you can pit one price against another and get the best deal. The features you're looking for are pretty common, so you should be able to find a great deal, especially if you handle a lot of it by Internet/phone first.

Larry Fung is the Internet sales rep for Carlsen, and he was awesome, totally had the no-pressure attitude, which I liked a lot. Not to mention, he offered the lowest price after I submitted all my online inquiries to the major dealerships, including Stevens, Putnum, and Albany.

It should be said that Carlsen's service dept has treated me like royalty every time I've been there. I'm not getting any commission either, just wanted to steer you in a good direction. I picked up a 09X Limited with extras for a great deal. Best of luck! :icon_biggrin:

Also, my car listed for $27,550 and I got it for $24,500. OTD was higher after added security and a few other adds.

·
Registered
2010 Premium
5 Posts
I bought my Forester Premium w/ all weather package about 2 weeks ago for $3,000 under MSRP. Capitol Subaru was having a $3,000 off sale on all Premium Foresters at the time. See if you can get them to match that price now via an online quote. I didn't buy from them, but I used that price to my local dealer to match it. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts