·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,576 Posts

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
438 Posts
Anyone get any black Friday bits n bobs? Car related or otherwise....

I can't say I'm into the whole thing.... Most exciting thing ordered was some new dishes we needed... 😴

Oh, edit! I did order 12kg of peanut butter 😁

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
438 Posts
@Kevin, yup! That'll be what the wife says when it turns up too! Lol!

They're 1kg tubs of natural peanut butter, nothing added, but of course crunchy!! I tend to add it to breakfast most mornings, so I keep a good stock haha. One company had everything discounted and a 55% flash sale on top, so it had to be done.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
6,961 Posts
We were underwhelmed with the "deals" here. Did order a Chromcast Ultra.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,112 Posts
It's amazing how Black Friday has taken over the world, since it's based on a distinctly American holiday the day before.

The name troubles me. It means that the annual ledgers turn from red to black on that day, but it is so different from the meaning of the 1929 stock market crash on Black Tuesday.

·
Administrator
12,754 Posts
Because I was curious I recently read this about Black Friday's name:

"The earliest known use of “Black Friday” in such a context stems from 1951 and referred to the practice of workers calling in sick on the day after Thanksgiving in order to have four consecutive days off (because that day was not yet commonly offered as a paid day off by employers):"

and

"By 1961 the term “Black Friday” (and “Black Saturday” as well) was being commonly used in a derisive sense by Philadelphia police, who had to deal with the mayhem and headaches caused by all the extra pedestrian and vehicular traffic created by hordes of shoppers heading for the city’s downtown stores on the two days after Thanksgiving"

and

" the earliest known use of this accounting-related explanation for the origins of the term “Black Friday” dates from 1981, many years after Philadelphia police had been using the phrase in reference to traffic issues."

·
Registered
2003 Forester AW Manual with low ratio
177 Posts
I may be a bit antisocial, Ive resisted buying anything on black Friday or Saturday, went fishing instead today, ( the foresters good for fitting big rock/ shore rods inside), but,
Might order a new car next week based partly on big discounts because this part of the world isnt buying so many new diesel or petrol cars any more, plus I need a new one.

121 - 140 of 256 Posts