Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
What the hell do you use that tower for Andy?!
Reading my emails :grin2:.....Nah 4K gaming.

And why does it say left a Salty taste on the lit up version?
That is my gamertag. I've had it since the times of the first online gaming consoles...
There were three of us in a small clan...Hemeroid4apillow, rumpoled4skin and myself LeftaSALTYtaste.... To which our names were known as Hemy, 4skin and Salty. Those were the days of playing Halo till stupid 'o' clock for 3 years solid.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I thought it might be a bit of fun to post some pics of outrageous vehicles we have owned over the years , this might catch on, it might not .
Im willing to give it a go ive got a few up my sleeve see if you can beat it .
I haven't owned any bikes (unless you count mountain bikes), and I was a bit of a late starter with cars, as in I drove a lot of ****boxes to start with, so this is probably the most outrageous car so far. It started life as a modest Early BMW Cooper S in full estate agent trim (163bhp, leather, sunroof, air con etc). I'm from the Gran Turismo/Initial D generation so the first "affordable" FWD car I grew up wanting was an EK9 Type R but drove an MINI R53 for a laugh one day and saw the potential to create something different. I wanted something that captured an Osaka street racer (Kanjozoku) but with what is perceived as an estate agents/girly car to enhance the embarrassment factor for other "faster" cars and drivers with big egos...

Kanjozoku JDM Style MINI Cooper S JCM (R53)

Modest on the outside, apart from the track width, wheels, ride height and visible oil cooler, it had a 280BHP, 7800rpm redline forged race engine under the bonnet and everything that goes with that from suspension to brakes, fixed buckets, Omp quick release wheel, no air con, no rear seats, no traction control and a button to disable the ABS. It weighed in at 1167kg with a driver (I'm usually somewhere between 75 and 85kg) and 62/38% front to rear. Needless to say, a lot of run on the road and track, best moment for me in that car was passing a fully caged up and prepped E46 M3 at Snetterton driven by a guy who really, really didn't want to move over :grin2:.

The supercharger sound was raw af >:) ...

I think my favorite thing about the car was the cold start, I kept the car in an underground car park so it was so loud. I got stopped quite a few times in this car, it was so asbo, the first 10-15 minutes the overrun pops were just silly. Sadly I can't find the raw cold start video without the music but Nine Inch Nails fits perfect...

Reading my emails :grin2:.....Nah 4K gaming.

That is my gamertag. I've had it since the times of the first online gaming consoles...
There were three of us in a small clan...Hemeroid4apillow, rumpoled4skin and myself LeftaSALTYtaste.... To which our names were known as Hemy, 4skin and Salty. Those were the days of playing Halo till stupid 'o' clock for 3 years solid.
Lightup gaming PC and in a clan when you were younger? I'm glad you finally made it out of your parents basement mate :wink2::lol:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
yes im honda all the way when it comes to bikes but 600cc is still enough to get yourself into big troub .
my first big bike was a hornet 600cc and a guy pulled out of a lay by on the other side of the road just looking backwards while I was over taking a car on my side...…. he never looked forward to see me overtaking, he was doing 20mph I was doing 60plus so combined impact of 80 mph .
I didn't learn and bought the super blackbird new in 2005 going through 7 rear tyres and 3 front sold it to buy the forester in 2014. I said I would never buy another bike but just looking at Andys KTM Im thinking Hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
This my beloved 1966 Austin Mini Deluxe .
When I got it I was 25 yrs . I got rid of the magic wand gear box and the 850cc motor and installed a 1380 Avonbar engine it maxed out at a healthy 117hp at hailsham dynotune and weighed under 500kgs due to the rear subframe being removed and marcos mini beam and spax coil overs on the rear.
Its parked next to a portaloo for one reason.
photo was taken at Pestalozi hill climb.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
yes im honda all the way when it comes to bikes
Me too apart from a load of Vespas and a few Lambrettas when in my teens it's been Honda's all the way.

I said I would never buy another bike but just looking at Andys KTM Im thinking Hmmmm.
This is my first KTM and I'm so impressed, shes an animal. I was gona buy another CR450f but fancied a change.

Do you remember @Pindie ? I'm sure he's on the UK KTM forum as there's a bloke with that name on there and his posts just remind me of his posts here.

First pic is my first cr250 I bought when I was in my early twenties then one I bought a month later as I needed my best mate to come out with me just in case anything happened so let him have the old one. Just as well as I then decided to smash both my legs on the new one:icon_redface: Third is a Montesa 315 cota which is essentially a CRF250 without a seat that I ended up swapping for a WRX wagon. Fourth is a 125 Thumpster that I modded to look a wee bitty like an R1. Fith is my old XR400 that was okay but bogged down and bottomed out on landing. And the sixth pic is what you could get away with as a trailer back in the day. >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts

this was my first bike after i got my full licence, it was an absolute nail! Used to cut out if you let it idle once it had warmed up so had to keep around 2.5k revs at traffic lights. The glue holding the throttle grip onto the throttle kept coming unstuck as well (think the brake fluid was leaking onto it!) so it would randomly stop accelerating.

I did love it though, just not quite sure how I survived it. A guy drove down from glasgow to buy it in the end!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
OK then, on the subject of motorbikes, this was my first which I restored from a barn find while the manufacturer was still in business. I think they are very rare as I've only ever seen one other at a classic bike show. Anyone guess the make and model?

Here's my second bike, easier to identify and the one that had the innovative features the Japanese copied (square bore and stroke, indicators, brake lights on front and rear etc.). Again, fully restored by me. How I wish I still had them today :frown2:

After that I had a BSA B40 (350cc single) which didn't need restoring, and finally (bought for commuting, not style!) a Honda CB250.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wonderful Mike , any more pics ? …. you have obviously led an interesting life so far...
No, it gets boring after the bikes :thumbsup:

Sunbeam Rapier
Hillman Imp
Morris Minor (x2)
Triumph Vitesse convertible
Jenesen-Healey
Suzuki Vitara
Suzuki SJ410
Various company cars
Subaru Forester
Suzuki Vitara 1.4 S

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Mistaken identity

Good afternoon
Today I went to Retro Rides Goodwood (pictures to follow)

After good few hours I went back to the car and in a massive car park I struggled a bit to locate it (roughly remembering where) .
In the distance I spotted unmistakable colour and roof rails of a fsti , now the car park can be just as interesting than the event itself and I got side tracked by a very nice 911 . Wandering on daydreaming I got to the car and the first thing I do is look for pin dents made other careless owners and my god there is a new deep scratch in the front door and further inspection there is another new scratch in the back door , swear words followed .

I then looked down at the wheels and thought there not my wheels and wheres my roof rack ?
Looked up and saw my car in the next isle.

I think the motto of the story is their rare but not that rare! and despite the scratch this is a nice car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
for want of a better place to put these .
these are a few of the pics I took today.
you have to love the Hillman Imp ! And the Reliant , Princess Ann had one of those …..

Attachments

81 - 100 of 126 Posts