Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester, auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a set of Optilux HID Fogs. They work well. I may try mounting them further back in the bumper though.

Lows

Low and Fogs

Lights

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice!

Are those the DE Xenon (P/N 88165) set? How much did they cost you are where did you get them? These have round mount on top, correct? How much further back can you get them and what year Forester is it?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
what year Forester is it?
MY09.....It's in his signature.

They seem to throw a lot of light but I don't think they are attractive looking. Kinda look like..........well I'll leave that one alone. Good pics!

·
Registered
2009 Forester, auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they do look "bug-eyed". They are an oval set-up and about 8 " long.

As for mounting, the mounting bracket could be reversed and bring them back about 2-3 inches. Room behind the light was an initial concern. I did use the additional plastic fog light fixture for the stock fogs and modded it to give some extra stability to the bumper/light assembly. When I have time, I will remove the bumber and move them back further into the bumper. There is room.

These lights were purchsed (DE Xenon P/N 88165) used over on VWVortex. New, they would have been way out of my price range.

I did just get done modding a set of Hella Micro DEs to use a 3000K H3 HID set-up. Simple, very effective (good cut-off), and only cost $50.00 for the slim ballast kit. Put those in my Jetta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts