Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so before I had my forester I had a sedan and I bought a rear rack because I didn't feel like spending a ton on a roof rack. Well I thought I could fit my bike in the back of my forester but it really doesn't fit, especially when I'm lugging 2 bikes around. Does it not look kind of silly putting a rear bike rack on a forester?

This is what mine looks like

I apologize if this is in the wrong place to post this thread

·
Registered
94 Posts
Foresters are made for active people and active people put rear racks on them. I can fit two bikes inside my 09 when I take the front wheels off.

You may want to try that.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,691 Posts
Your setup looks functional, but if you're concerned with the looks, a rooftop carrier might be the way to go. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Not at all, plus it also leaves the back open for camping equipment, dogs, picnic baskets and all that stuff.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not at all, plus it also leaves the back open for camping equipment, dogs, picnic baskets and all that stuff.
Good observation, I just took my bike a dog to the park a little bit ago and it would have been a pain.

I do think I may need to get another bike rack soon though, mine seems to not be holding up two bikes as well as it used to.

I currently have a Saris 2-bike trunk rack, and it has held up pretty well seeing that I haven't treated it like crap or anything. It is older though, so there is only so much it can take before it goes blagh.. I like my saris and I think I might get another one, but I think I will look around more. What kind of racks do y'all have?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
I think the best bet is a hitch rack that folds to the side or down out of the way, they seem to be a bit sturdier than the strap on racks. The last time I had to bring multiple bikes somewhere I threw 2 bikes in the back just laying down and 2 on the roof just laying down on the rack with lots of bungie cords and ratchet straps, I'm not a big fan of having bikes upright on the roof ( I KNOW I would hit something with them!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts