Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 FXT
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I know I'm sorry... I'm sure many of you have answered this question many times, but I'm looking for a little guidance.

I just purchased 18x8 48 offset Rota Formulas, I'm I'm not sure which tire I want to go with (in terms of size).

I check the "will it fit thread" and it appears many people with the same size wheel run 245 40 18 without needing spacers/fender work etc. Which is what I'm looking for.

My question is, being dropped on swift springs / stock struts, should I go with a larger sidewall to fill the wheel wells a little better?

I've seen a couple tire options in size 225 45 18, and 235 45 18.

Should I go with one of those for a better look? or stick with the 245 for the best "wide tire" performance?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
i almost have the same rim as you. i have the rota tarmac II's and they are an 18x7.5 rim and i went with the 245/45/18 tires. they fit and definantly fill the wheel well and make it look flush, im on stock struts and swifts as well. i also have the BFG gforce A/S tire and they are awsome!! but the thing is with going to a bigger wheel AND tire, this increases the weight as well along with a wider tire comes more rolling resistenace = more tire grip, but you sacfrice some mpg's along the way, i think my wheels are just under 50lbs each. but as far as the size goes and look... thats entirely up to you to decide because there are man threads out there that have different wheel sizes and tire sizes as well as spring heights. there are MANY combinations and entirel its up to YOU. i know that doesnt answer your question, but thats the thing with buying wheels/tires is there is always a give and take with any decision (ie comfort, look, width, handling, weather performace...etc) soo the search button is your BFF

·
Registered
06 FXT
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. These will primarily be summer wheels with the occasional auto-x session, so I'm looking for a performance tire. There seems to be more options in the 245 40 18 size. I'm leaning towards that right now.

I guess I was just thinking the 45 sidewall would probably look better since my drop is mild, probably be a little more comfortable also.

Arghhh. Decisions decisions. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts