Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSXT 5MT
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking for replacements for the geolandars, does anyone have any opinions on:

Bridgestone Potenza G019
Yokohama Avid Envigor
Yokohama Avid H4

I've had both the Avid H4 and Potenza G009 (older model) on past cars and loved them both. Anyone know about the G019 or Envigors? They both seem really comparable and I just can't decide what to get!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 WRX
136 Posts
I just put G019s on my FXT. 225/55 16s fit on the stock 2004 rims with Swift springs and only a hint of rubbing at the far end of the steering travel. I freakin love these tires.

I had Avid TRZs, which are already a little better than the Geolanders I think, but the difference in going to the G019s was insane. They have crazy grip, but the best thing is how crisp and responsive they feel. The sidewalls are so stiff that I'm actually glad I didn't go to 17" wheels. The 16s are more than solid enough compared to how sloppy the rest of my suspension is, and the ride is plenty harsh for my daily driver already. Plus they look great.

I've had several sets of Potenzas, with other tires from all sorts of brands in between. I've never been disappointed in Bridgestones, and I think I'm going to stop buying anything else from now on.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT 5MT
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang, I think you just sealed the deal for me Brandon! I had the G009s on a Passat wagon and loved them, and the Avids on my old Spec-V and they were good too but I kinda always liked the G009s, especially in the wet. Sweet- thanks!

·
Registered
09 Forester Limited
183 Posts
I got only 27K out of the G009s on an 01 Infiniti I30. They became very hard riding and noisy although there was still plenty of tread left. I e mailed B stone but they were unsympathetic and offered NO warranty or replacement discount. I switched to General Altimax HP. The Generals were much better all around. The G019 are supposed to be better in snow and rain than the G009s. The Generals are better than both.

·
Registered
2016 Ford RS & 2019 Subaru Descent
1,349 Posts
I've had G019s for a little over 2 years on my Forester. They are wearing perfect. Handle well and are a good all around all-season. I have ~20k miles on them and they look close to new still. Definitely recommend! I have 225/60/16 on the stock XT wheels.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
One key difference between the ENVigor and the G019 appears to be rolling resistance, which affects fuel economy. The ENVigor is supposed to do well in this category, while Consumer Reports rated the the 019's rolling resistance as "poor". Accordingly, I've stricken them from my list of possible replacements for the OEM Yokohamas.

More info on the G019:

Consumer Reports ratings (Performance All-Season tires):
  • Excellent: Dry braking, wet braking
  • Very Good: Handling, hydroplaning
  • Good: Wear
  • Fair: Snow traction, ice braking, ride comfort, noise
  • Poor: rolling resistance

The ENVigor is new, and I haven't seen much in the way of test results. However, initial Tire Rack customer feedback on the ENVigor looks promising.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2005 Forester
21 Posts
I've had the Yokohama Avid Envigor on my 05 Forester for a couple of weeks. They replaced a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto's. They are by far the quietest tires I have ever had. In addition, they seem to be very smooth. I drove them in a heavy rain once and they handled very well. I just hope they will stay quiet as the tread wears down. Overall, based on my limited experience with them, I am very satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.