Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an oppurtunity to get these wheels for a great price. they are hyperblack, 17x7, et +48. i wanna know what you guys think of these wheels and if you think they might look a little small or odd on a forester?

and the only subie pic i could find:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you need are some 18x8 Enkei RPF1s. Wait...I'm selling a set. :biggrin:
can you do $350 for the set? didn't think so :icon_razz:

that's what i might be getting these for...brand new too. i think if i don't like them i could always flip them and at least get my money back, maybe even make a couple bucks.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my biggest problem with them are the fake bolts. it's a one peice wheel and those bolts look a little busy/tacky. i like the general BBS RX II ripoff style though.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
I kind of like them, they look like some of the BBS wheels (RK etc). Decent size, any idea on weight? Only thing i dont like is the fake 2 piece look.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kind of like them, they look like some of the BBS wheels (RK etc). Decent size, any idea on weight? Only thing i dont like is the fake 2 piece look.
they are 22.1 pounds a piece so very average in that department. similar to my current wheels (legacy GT). i wonder if the fake bolts could be removed. at this price point id be willing to experiment by removing the bolts, filling the holes and having them repainted at a friend's body shop. i think in the end i'm going to buy these and just decide on my own, i'm not worried about getting my money back if i have to resell them.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,503 Posts
I usually like mesh wheels (have a set on my car right now!) and I would like these too, but I also have an issue with the fake rivets. I don't even like the look of rivets when they're real, and the fact that they serve no purpose on these wheels obviously doesn't help.

Also I prefer wheels that don't have dual-drilled bolt patterns; the extra holes don't look very good IMO. But that's just me.

Even with the above caveats, though, they're still not bad for $350 new. I'd buy them and flip them for profit if possible.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I usually like mesh wheels (have a set on my car right now!) and I would like these too, but I also have an issue with the fake rivets. I don't even like the look of rivets when they're real, and the fact that they serve no purpose on these wheels obviously doesn't help.

Also I prefer wheels that don't have dual-drilled bolt patterns; the extra holes don't look very good IMO. But that's just me.

Even with the above caveats, though, they're still not bad for $350 new. I'd buy them and flip them for profit if possible.
i might just do that. if i end up removing the fake bolts i might as well experiment with filling the unused bolt holes as well. i think without the fake bolts and dual drilled bolt pattern these wheels would look really sharp, but that's asking a lot.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
i might just do that. if i end up removing the fake bolts i might as well experiment with filling the unused bolt holes as well. i think without the fake bolts and dual drilled bolt pattern these wheels would look really sharp, but that's asking a lot.
If you found a decent shop that refurbs wheels, they could probably machine down the inner lip to remove the rivets and smooth them. This would have to be done somewhat professionally or it will throw off the balance.

For the price I'd definitely get them, probably run them for a while, then send them out to be smoothed out and powdercoated.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
i dont like them @ all, but its your car in the end... also its not always about saving a buck, sometimes its better to spend a little extra to get quality and what you really want!

my advice is get the widest and lightest wheels you can. 8" wide being the minimum!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^that's a solid deal. im leaning towards flipping these wheels now, already have a couple people interested at $450. whatever i flip them for will become my new wheel budget.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts