Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a tactrix cable started logging and downloaded my ROM image. Everything went fine, but when I tried to open my ROM.hex file in ECUflash it just comes up as.
[15:57:02.070] A2ZJ201D (271 tables) inheriting 32BITBASE (662 tables)
[15:57:02.132] 524288 byte image read.
I understand the first part is a time stamp but when I downloaded the ROM image it was a couple hundred lines or so. So what gives? I saved it as a .hex file, opened it in ECUflash, and all the tables are there. So is my ROM image just translated into all of the tables on the left? Pardon my nubeness and forgive me for sounding like a nerd but I could datalog all day. I love lust seeing all the info on the screen.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Not exactly sure what you are asking, but all of the information that you would be interested in are in the tables. Everything in the "log box" can be, for the most part ignored. I only look at the log during flashing to make sure the flash took...

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly sure what you are asking, but all of the information that you would be interested in are in the tables. Everything in the "log box" can be, for the most part ignored. I only look at the log during flashing to make sure the flash took...
You know after I posted I started thinking basically the same thing. I just wasn't familiar enough with ECUflash, but I realize now that the log box isn't a display for the ROM image (more of an event log I guess). Thank you for your reply. After doing some logging I realized how effective the snorkus delete and plug can be at keeping the hot air out. While reading 51F outside I rarely got above 55F and only peaked at 61F at stop lights. After idling it slowly rose to 71F and stayed steady.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts