Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put car on jack stands and was testing out the brake system.
However only three wheels spin at idle. the rear passenger is the one that doesnt move. It tries to move but acts like it doesnt have enough power to rotate.

I can get a video if youd like.

JJ

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
I would think that's normal since it's an open diff. Power is sent to one rear wheel, which then transfers power to the other rear if there is slippage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
2006 Legacy spec.B 5 MT
640 Posts
I would think that's normal since it's an open diff. Power is sent to one rear wheel, which then transfers power to the other rear if there is slippage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
It would only send power to another wheel if it had a limited slip diff. Don't we have limited slips in the front but not the rear? That would explain why the fronts spin and only one rear does.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
It would only send power to another wheel if it had a limited slip diff. Don't we have limited slips in the front but not the rear? That would explain why the fronts spin and only one rear does.
No LSD in the front, but the rear depends on year/model. I think the vehicle in question is a 98, which did not have LSD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts