Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2005 FSTi SG9 FSTi 6 Speed
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Onelostsoldier attempt to make an FSTi

Picked her up end of Sept 09, had a 2005 WRX for a few years and sold it with the intention to get an STi hatch. That was shot down by the wife so went to a Forester. So far it been fun doing little ods and ends. Current update on page 5 post #64, thanks for looking.

Current Mods
Engine:
Grimmspeed LW Crank Pulley
Kinugawa Big 16G
GrimmSpeed EBCS
Ported & wrapped STi Exhaust Mani
TXS Catless Uppipe
APS 65mm CAI
Cobb AP
Process West TMIC
No Name 3" 1 piece Afta-Inlet
Process West IC Hoses
Perrin BPV
K&N Drop In
TXS Catted 3" DP
Borla Hush CBE
STi Intake Mani (Port matched to TGV)
Deleted TGV's
Subtle Alternator Cover
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Radiator w/ Hoses
Perrin Engine Pitchstop
Process West I/C shroud
GrimmSpeed 160 degree Thermostat

Handeling/Brakes
KYB AGX Wagon Strut/ STi Pink Wagon Springs
Subtle 3/8" Saggy Butt Spacers
TiC Rear Strut Spacer
STi Brembo Calipers w/ Stop Tech Pads
Whiteline 22mm Front and Rear
Whiteline HD Rear Sway mounts
Perrin Spherical F/R Endlinks
Whiteline Sway Bushings
DBA Cryo Rotors
Kartboy Subrame Lockdown Bolts

Drivetrain
Kartboy Shortshifter
Kartboy Front/Rear Shift bushings
Full JDM SG9 STi 6-Speed Drivetrain

Interior
45mm Ormori Boost Guage
Pioneer P3200 DVD
Cobb Shift Knob
STi Shift Trim
STi E-Brake
AEM Wideband

Exterior
35% Full Tint
STi Hood Scoop
DIY Sport Grill
Subtle Carbon Exhaust Trim
Rally Armor Flaps

Wheels
ON XXR 527 18x8.75 et35
OFF Black RAGE Wheels 17x8 et40 w/ General ArticMaxx

First Day Home Sep 2009-

Current Stance as of June 2015-
Summer-

Winter-

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now that i see your forester, i think it might be, im not really sure how many debadged red xt's are running around this area
what do you ride around in? I try to give Suby love (wave/flash lights) but haven't gotten any back but once, a week ago from Silver 04/05 XT in Phoenixville area. Soon I should be tinted and have Gold Rota G Forces so let me know when ya see me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just got my windows tinted and picked up the 17x7.5 Gold Rota G-Forces, just gotta swap the suspension now. I also just ordered the omori 45mm boost gauge from J-Spec Tuning, it was $140 for the gauge, single mount and dimmer switch. Pretty good deal if you ask me. It also matches the stock cluster perfect.

Before side shot

After shots

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
wheel gap...hurts eyes...and i HATE red forester, they are so stupid :biggrin: (check my link in my sig to see that I am joking)

great start so far, our red with either gold or bronze is the best color combo out there I think. a little lower and an 02-03 sti style hoodscoop will do wonders for the appearence

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, the gap really annoys me but its been far to cold and do not have a garage to do the work in, plus need to get my hands on some wagon springs, don't want to get the rear sag, as for the sti scoop, that will be as soon as i can 1) find one already painted CR or 2) fine one thats primered and not tooooooo expensive w/ splitter ofcourse.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got around to taking some shots of finished mods and a day to finally swap out the suspension
Godspeed IC with Samco IC Hoses, made a stencil and sprayed the XT on the IC for some bling

45mm omori boost guage

stock setup

06 WRX wagon suspension added, sits a bit higher than i thought, sooooo now to look for different springs, still a 100% better than what it was

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nope....still stock, did a lil diy mod on the stock funnel to get it to fit 90% of the bigger IC......love your Foz John, ours could be long lost twins

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been awhile since I have been here, couple updates. Getting rid of my beloved gold rota's and going more low key with hyperblack mesh's which I pick up tomorrow.

I also have been running a more subtle exhaust set up and I am very pleased with it. Using a Helix dp and Gimmick CB, the dp is a must for all XT owners, had the problem of others hanging to low and this one hangs just right.

I also am recieving my FP Big 16g turbo friday along with an STi exhaust manifold. Still hunting for an STi up pipe. Also this past Christmas I had a Pioneer 3200dvd installed, love having that ipod control.

Lastly in two weeks my baby is getting a face lift with an 02-03 STi hood scoop and getting my DIY grill painted to look more like the JDM grill. The surround is going to be paint matched and the grill satin black. Thinking of doing an STi badge on the grill. What do ya think?

·
Registered
2005 FXT
124 Posts
What Magnaflow AB did you use? They don't list a Forester specific. I've always liked the Magnaflow sound on Subarus and I can't find any decent ABs in Canada other than the TXS which is a little too rough sounding for my tastes.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What Magnaflow AB did you use? They don't list a Forester specific. I've always liked the Magnaflow sound on Subarus and I can't find any decent ABs in Canada other than the TXS which is a little too rough sounding for my tastes.
It was the TXS stealth back with the standard 2.5" magnaflow for the WRX. It was way to quiet for me. Could barely hear the rumble.

New Wheels Picked up today :Banane17:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.