Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I start the 2002 Forester these past few days and notice the drivers side headlight is burnt out, I don't pay much more attention to it and decide to get another one. As I'm driving I pull up behind a truck at the stop light and notice in the reflection my headlight is now working! I stop the car and head in the house, take off again and the headlight is out again?!?! I sit there watching it and dimly begins to come alive and then is on perfectly... somehow the light needs to warm up or something before it will light up?! Has anyone encountered this problem any clues because I need to be clue'd in! By the way these are brand new bulbs that were installed 3 months ago... any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Guys and Gals.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
are they basic bulbs, xtravision, or something like ultra whites?

connector overheating/damage is a pretty common issue. i believe i remember someone saying napa or other parts store carries replacement connectors that can be spliced on to replace stock ones.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
connector overheating/damage is a pretty common issue. i believe i remember someone saying napa or other parts store carries replacement connectors that can be spliced on to replace stock ones.
^^^^+1 on the connector being the culprit. That's what I would look at first. I remember them being so brittle and melted on my 99 Forester. Canadian Tire etc. should have them, all you need to do is splice them in and go. Be careful pulling them off the bulbs if they have melted. One day they can look fine and a couple of days later they're like toast.

Let us know here how if that's the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts