Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Subaru Forester 2015 and I am having a problem with the brake light, the light works when I put them on but when I push the break one of the three lights don't become bright, is this can be the fuse or something else??

please if you have any ideas, let me know, I really don't know what to do

thank you

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
Check the bulb.

The bulb that doesn't shine bright when you apply the brakes would have 2 filaments inside and one of them is blown. It has 1 filament for the light and the 2nd one only lights up when you apply the brakes.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,426 Posts
Welcome, @Francesco Pisano !

I've had to replace the driver's-side bulb twice in my wife's 2015 because of the same problem. None of the others have gone out.

There are YouTube videos on how to do this. You need to pull the whole light assembly, but it's easy to do, requiring the removal of only two bolts. "Rubber" gloves will help you grip the light as you pull it away from the car. Just don't pull it too far/fast and break the wires!

Mike

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,426 Posts
@aggie113 You know, that's an interesting thought. Just had the switch replaced last month as part of the recall.

A few threads below this is a post by @hondee in Taiwan that sounds similar to this problem. I couldn't answer the question so I didn't respond.

Mike

·
Registered
2015 XTP Auto
12 Posts
wished there some EE expert can help answer this, as it's really funny how lot of foz here in local with blown bulb is all at driver side (US) ONLY,
while there's few that has mod LED plate bulb, battery pack, headlight, ground cable....etc.....cant really work out the common dinominator here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts