Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lifespan of the pads?
How does your pedal feel?
Is it true that no ajusters are on the 04 XT?

S

·
0 Posts
around 30 to 40k......no adjusters..its hydralic....rear e-brake assembly has adjustment...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if the pedal grabs low that means I need new pads?The pedal is not squishy just doesnt grab right away.

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
chubby04XT said:
So if the pedal grabs low that means I need new pads?The pedal is not squishy just doesnt grab right away.
The stock pads have a "squeeler" piece of metal (one pad only)that will be quite audibly evident once they are worn that far. The only issue I have seen on other cars is when one pad wears faster than the other for some reason. To catch this, you need to take off the wheels and visually inspect both sides. In the case above the "squeeler" pad might not be the pad that wears faster and the chance of rotor damage increases.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT
35 Posts
Brake wear depends greatly on your driving habits - my FXT was still on the original pads when I traded it at 70k & they were nowhere near done. Lots of highway miles + no driver abuse...

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,887 Posts
ploney said:
The stock pads have a "squeeler" piece of metal (one pad only)that will be quite audibly evident once they are worn that far. The only issue I have seen on other cars is when one pad wears faster than the other for some reason. To catch this, you need to take off the wheels and visually inspect both sides. In the case above the "squeeler" pad might not be the pad that wears faster and the chance of rotor damage increases.
hey Pete, how are those Hawk pads of yours? still doing pretty good I assume? going to the next autox this weekend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts