Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopping in to introduce myself. Not sure how active I'll be here but you guys have given me good information just from reading old posts.

Several weeks back I hit some slick pavement in my old Aveo and hit the guard rail on the road. Luckily I was the only vehicle involved and I suffered no injuries. Insurance declared my car a total loss. Went shopping and found an '03 Forester X, seemingly well maintained according to Carfax. Was able to pay for it fully with the insurance payout (absolutely no money left over though:icon_frown:). But it handles the winter so much better.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
Welcome. Glad to hear that you survived an Aveo wreck. I'm relatively new here too, but keep up with maintenance and you should be golden. Tons of info for your MY FOZ is available on this site. Good luck...

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,887 Posts
Welcome! It was the premature death of my previous (non-Subaru) car (from timing belt failure) that brought me to my Forester too. And while on the subject of timing belt, that's scheduled for replacement at 105k miles. Do you have maintenance history on your 03?

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't personally have the service records, other than what the Carfax reports listed, which are kinda general listings with things like "manufacturer's recommended service", "oil change", etc. listed. However all the service was done at the Subaru dealer near me and they said when I come in for my first service they will be able to look up the vehicle and see what had been done by them previously. For what I understand they cannot give me the records, customer confidentiality and all, but they can tell me what was done and what needs done.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT AT
47 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your Forester!

I'd recommend to find an empty parking lot in a snow day and practice with stopping and turning on slick surface - I was fooled my first winter with AWD on how easy my Forester can start on snow and ice and how clumsy and even dangerous it can be in slippery turns.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Congratulations on the new '03 Forester & in my favorite color, Pacifica Blue Pearl Metallic! :cool: Post up some pictures so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts