·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wifelets Legacy washer jets blocked.

Used the air Compressor no problem.

Then nothing.

I have found the plastic valve Ball joint is all over the place.

Been to Halfrauds, what a waste of time, trying to sell you stuff yoy dont want.

Been on here and all other sites. (used search extensvelly)

I cant find the bits I need.

Anyone point me in the right direction??

DONNNN ?

Help.

ATVB.

PS (Missing the FSTI big time!)

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,972 Posts
When mine went wrong on my 350Z I bought a generic one from Halfords and it worked a treat. However, it sounds like that may not be the case with yours.

In fact, I probably still have one. There were two in the pack and I only needed one. I'll see if I have tomorrow and if so take a snap. If it looks like it'll do the job then that is progress at least.

Given its function, generic should work.

·
Registered
2018 Not saying.lol forwards and backwards
1,223 Posts
Got mine from ebay look for: washer jet 5mm non return valve

WINDSCREEN SCREEN WASHER JET NON RETURN VALVE 5 MM NEW | eBay
Although its not subaru specific they work perfectly, i fitted 3 to the fsti both front and rear.

Have you taken out the jets themselves?, because when my nrv failed the little spring inside broke up and bits of spring where jammed in the jet nozzles

·
Registered
2014 Forester xt prem Cvt
161 Posts
I've never had any of my jets in any of my old cars ever get blocked. But I did reattach my wiper arms with zip ties once.

When they start spitting, I pour 50/50 vinegar in the bottle and run that through. Cleared up all my issues.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,915 Posts
Quite a common (across models) part - Dealer??

Item 7 - Valve-windshield washer, 86634AG000 - 2 off

·
Registered
MY06 MY06 & MY10 Forester 5MT/DR + 4EAT (Sports)
54 Posts
I carry a very fine dress making pin stuck in the D/S carpet on the front transmission hump to clean my washer jets out from time to time. Usually the least convenient time. I have far fewer problems since I started using triple-filtered water in them exclusively about 7 years ago.

The non-return valve is pretty standard across many makes and models for the last 30+ years, AFAICT.

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
I carry a very fine dress making pin stuck in the D/S carpet on the front transmission hump to clean my washer jets out from time to time. Usually the least convenient time. I have far fewer problems since I started using triple-filtered water in them exclusively about 7 years ago.

The non-return valve is pretty standard across many makes and models for the last 30+ years, AFAICT.
Does it have to be a very fine dress making pin or will another small piece of wire do?:biggrin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gidday Pindie

Does it have to be a very fine dress making pin or will another small piece of wire do?:biggrin:
Dress making pin is preferable as it is plated, is perfectly round and made to fine tolerances. They are also very strong (for their size/diameter), and tend not to bend easily. I use the ones with the little plastic knob on the end.

Fine wire does not generally have any of these characteristics.

It is important not to deform the washer jet holes, IMO. Wire can easily do this, a fine pin that fits fairly snugly is unlikely to.

Here endeth my essay on dress making pins ... :icon_wink: :icon_biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gidday Sweaty

I've never had any of my jets in any of my old cars ever get blocked. But I did reattach my wiper arms with zip ties once.

When they start spitting, I pour 50/50 vinegar in the bottle and run that through. Cleared up all my issues.
Vinegar = acetic acid.
This will not do the bottom edge of your windscreen frame (etc) much good :icon_sad:.
Use windscreen washer additive instead.

I had to have the rust cut out around the windscreen of my '93 Impreza (due to paint damage when a screen was replaced some 8-10 years previously). It wasn't exactly cheap!

For general car care, I recommend washing the car regularly with a car wash that contains carnauba wax. This will penetrate into all the nooks and crannies of the car, and at least slow down corrosion.
Never use ordinary household detergents - they all contain salt ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Pindie

A guitar string the right diameter should work just fine :icon_biggrin:.

The good thing about the pins is that the plastic coated head stops the pin from getting too lost; or maybe finding it with one's bare foot in summer ... :icon_eek:.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the non return valves fitted and hey ho, 1 washer is cracking.

The other has given up the ghost even with compressor.

So I e mailed Hammonds who are very good.

No jets for a Legacy in stock @ Subaru, late Jan at the earlist!!

Any other place you could suggest to buy one?

Cheers.

AM

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,972 Posts
Got the non return valves fitted and hey ho, 1 washer is cracking.

The other has given up the ghost even with compressor.

So I e mailed Hammonds who are very good.

No jets for a Legacy in stock @ Subaru, late Jan at the earlist!!

Any other place you could suggest to buy one?

Cheers.

AM

Alan - give Bell & Colvill a call. Ask for Mark or Ollie and let them know I sent you in their direction.

They have posted parts out to me before when I have been unable to get there and are a decent pair of chaps.

I could go there for you on Thursday, so even if they can't post it I can pick it up and send it to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts