Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I trashed my lip on a stupid cement barrier at the honda dealership.... It cracked it in 6 spots and now its getting fixed. I will need to paint it, should I color match it to my car? Or paint it black?

At least now it is re-enforced and should hold up a little better, no more CF though. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Leave it black.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Blue could be interesting but black's probably a whole lot more practical for the next time you scrape or crack it on something.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
Black but if you ever go with the white wheels then maybe a white lip.

Ok, I'll do it to myself.......:chair:.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
anyway you can paint it blue but not like a solid blue more like a see through blue so you can still see the CF pattern. I saw a red wrx did it on nasioc a while ago and looked sick...ill hunt for the pics over there

edit found them:

or an orange one

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ That's awesome above! But I am not sure how much the CF will be left. They are patching the lip up in 6 spots. One was severely cracked...And they are doing Fiberglass...so I honestly don't know how its going to look, CF showing still or not :confused:

But I like your idea!

Hmm tough call, blue or black, I did see bye evo's painted lip and it looked good, I never saw a pic of it on the car though.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
I want blue now... :frown:

maybe I'll make my own custom lip based off my CF lip as a template... Hmmm :icon_cool:
I have considered painting mine to match the body as well....But Carbon anything is way to cool and rice-tastic!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blue it is! I am dropping off the paint tonight. The "things" on Bye evos side skirts and rear bumper (can't recall the name) Where can I get those from? Are they fozzy specific (japanparts.com) or will the WRX model work??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
only the japanparts version work w/ our cars. the fronts bolt right up, the rears will take a little customization since they are made for the jdm rear bumper. they cost ~$400. i want them so bad, i will eventually break down and get them! lets organize a group buy, might be the only way to bring the price down. the american dollar is so weak right now and they no longer offer the 10% nasioc discount...

textured rhino lining the lip isnt a bad idea either, but after seeing the wrb, my vote goes to blue!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts