Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester xT Auto
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the Perrin inlet for over a year now. Just noticed there is oil on the outside, right side of the intake, left of the alternator, near one of the nipple inlets. Any ideas why?
Have ~130k miles, no major recent issues. Only recent engine code is the P0442, which I believe is from the fuel pump gasket I should have put in last year when replacing the pump. Replacing it this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
278 Posts
for me, P0442 was a vacuum leak in the engine bay. It can be a leak anywhere in the fuel system from the tank all the way to the front, so don't limit yourself. I replaced all the lines up front first as they are cheap and easy to get to and it resolve my issue. I think it was a line that had gotten hard and lost its seal from age. So in your first picture, its all the lines connecting to and from the manifold and inlet connecting to the round black valve with the 3 lines coming out of it.

AS for the oil, pretty sure that specific line is the vacuum source for the PCV system. Mine is now connected to an AOS, but i'd assume if you don't have an AOS, that that oil coming from your crank case and being pulled back into the intake. Its not a problem (as designed), I'd recommend replacing the line at a bare minimum to prevent the mess and putting a zip tie or something around the hose to prevent leaking., but you may want to look into an AOS so you aren't sucking all that oil through your turbo and intake tract.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts