Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems a while back there was some discussion about oil filters and Subaru changing the part number...

I drove to the local (60 miles away) dealer and he gave me a P/N 15208AA100. Is this the right number? I asked him about the change, and he said something about Subaru running low in stock or seomething.

Oh, and it's a 2.5 SOHC non-turbo.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Umm...

We're migrating back to the 15208AA100 filters.

It seems as though quality control issues have been addressed, and so they have gone back with the original supplier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Filter

Thanks Roo

I did notice a plastic cover over the exposed filter element, that's a first I have seen from a dealer. Looks like the filter gasket is pre-lubed too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My dealer said that the 100s were the best made of the various filters, and that the 09As were being discontinued.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two of the best oil filters on the market are the Purolator Pure One and the WIX. The Napa Gold is the same as the WIX. I'd get either one of those 3, because I'd be sure of getting a quality oil filter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Retserof said:
My dealer said that the 100s were the best made of the various filters, and that the 09As were being discontinued.
I should have said ". . . were the best made of the various Subaru filters . . . " I don't know how they compare to any aftermarket filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts