Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy was driving around today (owns a 09 wrx) and noticed on the streets.

we are both embarrassed for the subaru community and most important the forester community

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
ha! :lol:

Easy to spot in a parking lot! That is for sure! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
HEY! That's my car.:icon_redface::biggrin:

·
Registered
2012 Mazda2 sloppy 5 with imaginary 6th
302 Posts
wow... I see what you guys are talking about... he forgot to color the roof racks... what a noob...

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
The green steelies are what kill it. If it had some sort of decent looking wheels it would be tolerable.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Anyone know where those steelies came from? They look strong. Great for off road.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Really?

I think it's pretty awful as well. I'm interested in the lime-green/black scheme, but definitely not like that.
Is it lime green or This --> :puke: green?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Take a look at your spare tire :biggrin:
That's what I thought, but my spare wheel looks just like the rest of my steel wheels. Are these the spare that came with those fancy cars with alloy wheels?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why all the negative reactions? This can be understood in several ways.

1. Obviously here is an owner who takes very seriously Subaru's commitment to "green" values.

2. Alternatively, it might be viewed as an example of what happens when you go too far down that road (trail?).

3. Here is an owner who proudly exemplifies Subaru drivers' penchant for all things quirky and unconventional.

4. It may signify an inner personal struggle--perhaps the cognitive dissonance created by an attempt to reconcile enthusiasm for the natural world, and inability to resist being a fan of Lady Gaga.

Of course, there may be other possibilities. Just remember: It's not easy being green. (See YouTube - sesame street - its not easy being green.)

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
2. Alternatively, it might be viewed as an example of what happens when you go too far down that road...
...and around the bend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts