Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I'm here to HIJACK yo' thread!!!!
08 Forester 2.5
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Damn Damn Damn.................................................
:tissue:

Stupid lady cut me off. She jumped right in my lane before the light.
Mazda: 1 subaru: 0

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Oy gotta hate those people. This is why I drive fast to get out ahead of everyone and then coast.. at least it looks repairable!

My IE window on the other hand.. is a bit stretched!

·
08 Forester 2.5
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oy gotta hate those people. This is why I drive fast to get out ahead of everyone and then coast.. at least it looks repairable!

My IE window on the other hand.. is a bit stretched!
Must get turbo

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Thats what I said to my self, and put my wrx struts on
If you want another light bar, I have the original prototype in my garage. The drilled holes for the lights are a little ragged, but I'd be glad to send it to you for the cost of shipping...and a beer. :biggrin: I'll see if I have some pics...

·
08 Forester 2.5
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear that....whens the part-out thread coming?

:biggrin:

But really, my condolences.
Well see tomorrow.....
My dealer is on State Farms repair list.
Hummm whats the real chance of getting a sports bumper and grill

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
ouch! :tissue:

you can buy the sports grill and bumper then have your shop of choice paint and install it. It's a LOT cheaper if you provide the parts and they just do the labor and paint.

i bought a fender, door and side moldings from 1stsubaruparts.com and the guys over there gave me a discount for shipping all three items in one crate.

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
1,977 Posts
Stupid lady cut me off. She jumped right in my lane before the light.
Mazda: 1 subaru: 0
I have to ask, since you rear-ended her, even though she cut you off, have you got a read from the insurance company about whose at fault? Unless she admits it or you've got witnesses, this might not go well for your premiums.

From the looks of that hood I'd guess they're going to want to put it on the stretcher to make sure all the datum points still line up. Actually, just to be on the safe side, I think I'd ask the body shop to put it on the machine to be sure. Things might look all right under the hood, but a lot of those tolerences are pretty tight.

Hopefully she'll own up to cutting you off, but these days, who knows.

Either way, good luck, it should look better than new when a good shop is done with it.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,963 Posts
Damn, sorry buddy. The chances to get your ins co. to get you a different bumper are slim to none. Unfortunately they cut a check directly to the shop, and unless you can find a shop that will get you different parts, you're SOL. Eurosport in SLC does great work, and they are pretty fast. Good luck, hope all goes smoothly.

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
Damn, sorry buddy. The chances to get your ins co. to get you a different bumper are slim to none. Unfortunately they cut a check directly to the shop, and unless you can find a shop that will get you different parts, you're SOL. Eurosport in SLC does great work, and they are pretty fast. Good luck, hope all goes smoothly.
Could it be that different insurance companies have different policies regarding payment?

In both experiences with nationwide and allstate, they did an estimate and wrote me a check for it and not the shop with my approval on what areas need to be repaired with the expectancy of the insurance company to cover additional charges if the original check is not enough.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
:icon_sad: sorry to hear and see.

I have SF too and they were great about handling things. I told them I had a few different shops I was looking into and they cut me a check so I would have the money when I made my decision. Maybe, maybe not in your case but you can try. Good luck

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts

Sorry to hear, hopefully she'll be back in shape for that MM meet.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,963 Posts
Could it be that different insurance companies have different policies regarding payment?.
Pretty sure it's state policy. In MA Progressive cut me a check, in UT Progressive only dealt with the shop directly.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts