Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the wheel and tire gurus here. You guys have been a huge well of information for me and make he even happier to drive my Forester.

So here goes.....

A guy has a set of Enkei Rims for a great price....they are 17 x 7, 5 x 100 but have a 45mm offset. I know the stock Alloys on my Forester are 48mm and according to the above post you can go up to a 55mm offset without rubbing. So how does a 45mm offset affect things. Would these wheels work on my Forester or am I asking for trouble.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
09 Forester X touring
66 Posts
Going with too low of an offset will put more stress on your wheel bearings, 3mm isn't going to make much (if any) of a difference but going to something extreme like +35 or +30 would probably be a bad idea. Personally id run down to maybe +40 but nothing lower, but at +45 you should be fine especially considering the enkies are wider than you factory wheels.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
ET 45 will be just fine. The wheels will sit 3 mm further outward than the stock ones. No reason to worry about wheel bearing problems with this little difference. Just don't get into the 30's with the offset.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,937 Posts
The smaller the offset, the farther outward the wheel will sit. There is another size to keep in mind. If you go from a 7" to say a 7.5" wheel width, they split the difference on either side of the wheel center. I like to go here to actually see the difference between stock & what I want to go to. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew I could count on you guys for the right info.

Just one more question...He said the wheels have a 72.6 center bore. I believe my 07 has a center bore of 56. Are these going to work??

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really sure. I just found them on Craigslist here in New York. He's asking $475 nego. for all four rims in really great shape.

he said they are 5 x100 17"x7" 45mm offset 72.6 center bore.

Are HubCentric rings expensive?? Where can I get them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts