Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we had a fun week/weekend with the Subarus!

I got my new tires for the Forester (Yokohama Geolander AT/S in 215/65/16) so I tested it out a few times en route to fishing and a mud hole…

Also took the Outback to the beach and drove it on the beach for a photo op. All I can say is God I love these cars. Outback got some funny looks as I passed the 4x4 only signs. Didn’t slip up at all. Forester is an absolute animal in the mud too. DEEP sticky gunk and no slippage either.

Hosed them off REAL good to get the salt off (creek crossing is a salt water creek near my kayak fishing grounds). Can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Gainesville, but the beach shots were on Amelia Island over by where you are... mud shots were in Gainesville, and the creek shots with kayaks were in Steinhatchee...

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
You ever been to Hardrock?

Went today and although it was a muddy rainy mess it was a blast.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Good choice in tire,mine have preformed above my expectations.

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
i love amelia island, my grandparents had a place there, but then they came back up north to hang out with us yankees

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When we were in Steinhatchee we were fishing for Reds (got a few)... while on the beach, just messing around hoping to find some trout.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
nice ive always wanted to catch a redfish, they remind me of the striped bass we chase up here in the northeast! but my dream is to come down to FLA and tangle w/ some goliath groupers!

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I keep trying to get members on the forum to show up there but never seems to happen.
I might be able to have my arm twisted to head out there for some mild stuff. I won't go too crazy until I make my skid plates... I skipped last time since I bought the Forester that day and I had crappy tires on her.

nice ive always wanted to catch a redfish, they remind me of the striped bass we chase up here in the northeast! but my dream is to come down to FLA and tangle w/ some goliath groupers!
Nah... they get old after a while. Fun the first few times though. Reds are probably my favorite every day fish. Tarpon is my Eleanor. I will catch one this summer from my kayak though. Failure is not an option.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts

Subaru knows how to make a nice looking wagon... or they did there for a while anyway. Funny, when I look at them I begin to see the family lines, especially on the Outbacks. The hood lines are similar, certain details, etc...

Where they came up with the 2010, I dunno.

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am still liking the new Outbacks too, but not as much as mine. I am not even a fan of the hood they put on the 2008-09 as much as mine, but to each their own.

As for Amelia- it was great. Wife and I are going camping there in a couple weeks (Easter Weekend).

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
The BP generation (yours) was my favorite, second favorite was the BH (mine).

The new Outback isn't bad, but it's too much of a departure from the old ones for me. Imma keep mine for a loooooong time. :biggrin:

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same here.

BTW_ still tinkering with the light bar idea. I have decided I am going with Hella 500FF driving lights though. Although my stupid dog might have blown her ACL last night, so I find out at 3 today if she gets a couple grand in vet bills. This will alter my summer plans a bit (Germany) and also limit the funding for car projects.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts