Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,210 Posts
I think Mike's right... now, I love my Forester, but you have to recognise what it is, and what it is is an estate car with a *little* occasional rough track ability. I took my old Frontera on a lot of those sites, and it coped pretty well, but it ran 31" mudders, had 10"+ of clearance and it had a girder chassis and steel skidplates. I would never dream of taking my Forester to a pay & play site. Without off-road tyres and decent clearance you *will* get stuck. When you get stuck, you are very likely to damage something underneath when they tow you off, and repairing it could cost more than buying a gash SJ or similar just to play with...

That's not to say it couldn't be done with enough mods, as others on this forum have shown.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Having looked at the pics I think I will politely **decline**
:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Good luck though you ****ing loony......:biggrin:

<< backs out of the room s-l-o-w-l-y >>

·
Registered
2006 Forester sti
336 Posts
I wouldn't bother taking the fozzy matey unless you are planning on abandoning it:icon_biggrin: I live only 4 miles from the track and its very demanding.My mate goes in his landy quiet a lot and a few folk turn up with trailers and a unregistered 4x4 on the back.

Dont be ringing me :icon_redface:LOL

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
521 Posts
tut tut tut, all these girly-men with their nice shiny turbos :raspberry:

Seriously though, i've been looking into doing one of the pay&play days. When I speak to the organisers they are generally aware of the forester and its capabilities, and generally seem to think that there is enough bits to play on to make it worth our while whilst not getting too serious (dont know this site in particular but some of the events in mid/north wales seem ok)

November isn't particularily good for me, but i would definitely be keen for one in the future. Let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You lot didn't think I'd be following a Defender around the place did you? No, not even going to go near the hard stuff, or the moderate stuff and maybe not even the easy stuff. These places are for Land Rovers and alike and easy going trails for them are usually impassable for a foz. I visited the place last week and walked a few trails which were suitable for The Beast so I'm gonna hopefully spin the wheels at the next meeting. Should give these IKEA mud flads a workout anyway. Will take pics.

·
Registered
2006 Forester sti
336 Posts
You lot didn't think I'd be following a Defender around the place did you? No, not even going to go near the hard stuff, or the moderate stuff and maybe not even the easy stuff.
You just sightseeing then:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I walked a few tracks suitable for the foz, and they do have a large grassy hill with a few muddy tracks on it with a few axle twisters as well.
Took the foz to a rock strewn byway near Fox House and then onto Stanage Pole byway today for a practice. Confidence is growing.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
105 Posts

Yeah sure!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Winch challenge comp good fun - use to have a defender - not quite a radical as this one though.

These pay and play days are good fun you can be as radical or unradical as you want ............... a lot of time cleaning up after though

Steve

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh for f***s sake. Been ORDERED (Yes, that's ORDERED) to go to a christening on the same day now. Looks like the 22nd Nov now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts