Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XT Touring CVT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I found a guy selling 17 x 7 OEM WRX rims on Craigslist. Came off a 2006-2007 WRX. Will these fit my XT without any issues? Will I need hub-centric rings since they came off a Subaru? I'm looking to do a winter setup and this would be a good start to a low cost solution. Thanks for any and all help.
Robert

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 Speeds of Goodness
475 Posts
Hi all,

I found a guy selling 17 x 7 OEM WRX rims on Craigslist. Came off a 2006-2007 WRX. Will these fit my XT without any issues? Will I need hub-centric rings since they came off a Subaru? I'm looking to do a winter setup and this would be a good start to a low cost solution. Thanks for any and all help.
Robert
They are both 5x100 and will fit just fine :bling:

·
Registered
14 Forester XT CVT
339 Posts
They will fit just fine. I can't remember, but they may be 7.5 or 8" wide, so possibly wider than you need but you can still run a 225 wide tire on a 7.5" wheel very easily, but it would be stretched a bit on a 8" wheel. Just food for thought

Here is an 06 Legacy wheel fitted on my 14 FXT. This is off my Legacy, so the tire is way too small. I'll try and grab a better pic today showing proper sized tires as I bought a second set of Legacy wheels for the FXT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 XT Touring CVT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awsome! Thanks folks. Now i just hope he hasn't sold them yet.
Robert

·
Registered
14 Forester XT CVT
339 Posts
Hey wow those rims look pretty sweet! I really like the gunmetal color. Thanks for posting.
Robert
No problem! I've actually gotten lots of complements about them! They are stock wheels on the 05-07 Legacy. Stock they are silver, but gunmetal no one believes me that they are stock! You can pick them up fairly inexpensively too. The set on the FXT I got used for like $125 with tires!

Here's how they look on my 06 Legacy:

·
Registered
2014 XT, RSB, Grill, DRLs Fancy Laggy Band
470 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 forester XT touring CVT
1,660 Posts
They will fit but why go with a smaller skinny wheel?

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
the higher size you go gives you less tire options in snow tires and cost is pretty high...

my tsx had a lot cheaper snow tires in 16inch rather than 17inch

·
Registered
14 Forester XT CVT
339 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
You might want to test fit those. I'm pretty sure they are 16" they should fit but I haven't tried it. I do have a set of those wheels that I plan to run for winter on my WRX.

My WRX wheels are 17" and definitely fit, a 16" wheel will not clear the large XT brake caliper.

17" wheel or larger diameter is a must for the '14+ XT

BTW - I think its awesome you have a FXT AND a WRX!!!

Had 2 imprezas, a classic '98 sport then '02 WRX hatch, a '08 Legacy and now an XT...

·
Registered
14 Forester XT CVT
339 Posts
My WRX wheels are 17" and definitely fit, a 16" wheel will not clear the large XT brake caliper.

17" wheel or larger diameter is a must for the '14+ XT

BTW - I think its awesome you have a FXT AND a WRX!!!

Had 2 imprezas, a classic '98 sport then '02 WRX hatch, a '08 Legacy and now an XT...
That's interesting that your WRx wheels are 17" They look very close to a set of 02-05 WRX wheels I have that are definitely 16". I picked them up earlier this summer. They are currently painted gloss black and were plastidipped white. I'm in the process of getting all the dip off so I can paint them.

We went from a 98 OBW and an 06 Legacy to our FXT and WRX. Both my wife and I love our cars. Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
New winter boots

Finally got round to posting a pic of my winter wheels/tyres, now just waiting for the snow...

Wheels = 2002 WRX 5x Twin Spoke Gunmetal
Tyres = New Nokian WR SUV 3 103H XL, 17/60/225

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Forester XT CVT
339 Posts
Finally got round to posting a pic of my winter wheels/tyres, now just waiting for the snow...

Looks good! thanks

·
Registered
1925 Model T Manual
5 Posts
Finally got round to posting a pic of my winter wheels/tyres, now just waiting for the snow..

Any additional pics of this setup.
Looking for some oem wheels as well that look good on a 14+. These could fit the bill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts