Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Touring CVT
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can do an aftermarket sunroof but what’s the fun in having that dinky thing? I was wondering if I bought all the OEM parts like the glass, rails, headliner, motor, controls and then took it to an aftermarket shop if they could install the roof? Or am I just nuts?

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
There is a guy on another board who added the factory sun/moon roof to his 1994 Legacy wagon. He got all the pieces from the junkyard. After removing the headliner from his car, he had to go back to the junkyard ....

and cut the ENTIRE ROOF from the doner car ..... Supports , inner fasteners , the entire roof assy was different. That was a 94 Legacy. He did complete it , after welding the new roof assy on.

Maybe the Forester is different, but with the size of the moonroof, it may be designed from the factory with a different roof panel.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
^^^^^like he said^^^^^

Check the roof of your car and see if the tracks are in place. I had a 91 Civic EX that did not have a sunroof, but it had the tracks under the headliner and a place for the motor. Adding an OEM sunroom to that car was fairly simple, but without the tracks it would taken a ton of work.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Touring CVT
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^^^like he said^^^^^

Check the roof of your car and see if the tracks are in place. I had a 91 Civic EX that did not have a sunroof, but it had the tracks under the headliner and a place for the motor. Adding an OEM sunroom to that car was fairly simple, but without the tracks it would taken a ton of work.
I'll have to check for tracks then.. I have a aftermarket TV/DVD player in the roof that I cant stand, so getting the moonroof would be a good reason to get rid of that thing! I guess I'll have to do a weekend project and drop the liner down and see whats up there..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts