Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Automatic
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to make sure that the Impreza OEM oil filters are the same as the 2004 FXT.

From Subarugenuineparts.com:

6-Pack of blue OEM Subaru oil filters for your Impreza Turbo

Filter 15208AA12A - INCLUDES crush gaskets

Fits Model: Impreza
Fits Model Year(s): 2002-2010

thanks!!

-Mark

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
I hear the Mazda RX8 filter will fit our app. Anyone know who manufacturers the OEM service part for Mazda? - thinking it will be better than our fram/honeywell oem.

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
Cross country driving is easy on the oil - why would you want to change it midway? Short trips in cold weather is what kills oil. I would change to a more viscous HDEO and be on my way. Rotella t5 comes to mind or JD +50

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Since you're not under warranty anymore, I'd use just about any other filter, especially wix/purolator (napa gold are good too as they're a rebadged wix). The purolator pl14610 is about a inch taller (stock replacement is pl14612). I'd rather not give any money to the people who make the single worst oil filter on the market (honeywell/fram/alliedsignal).

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
...but I will be cross-country driving, and want to have this on hand so that I can change oil mid-way.
The most conservative O&F change interval is 3K miles, and Subaru's most lenient is 7.5K miles, which is for "non-severe" conditions, including open highway driving.

If you change your O&F shortly before you leave, you should be good for 5K miles of x-country driving, so you shouldn't have to do an O&F change unless you're taking a rather round-about route or towing a trailer.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts