Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me interpret the manual? I'm a newbie when it comes to automotive customization, therefore, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Step 1: Is it telling me to remove the speakers grills off the main casing?
Step 2: From my understanding, it's telling me to put the tweeter into the casing. I tried this step for a little bit but I was a little anxious to put it in completely since it wouldn't go in easily. Idk, if I need to exert a lil force in order for the tweeter to be attached on the case.
Step 3: Seems like it's telling me to detach some cable from the neg side of the battery. Is this necessary?
Step 4: The manual shows the prying of the stock casing where the tweeters will in placed. How difficult is this part?
Step 5: This step might be straightforward if the cable needed to connect the tweeters will be easily found.
Step 6: Attach the entire kit at the corner of the window. How difficult is this?
Step 7: Connect the cable that was removed from the battery in Step 3.

Any extra tips will be great! I will try to install them tonight....

·
Registered
2010 Forester
7 Posts
Can someone please help me interpret the manual? I'm a newbie when it comes to automotive customization, therefore, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Step 1: Is it telling me to remove the speakers grills off the main casing?
Step 2: From my understanding, it's telling me to put the tweeter into the casing. I tried this step for a little bit but I was a little anxious to put it in completely since it wouldn't go in easily. Idk, if I need to exert a lil force in order for the tweeter to be attached on the case.
Step 3: Seems like it's telling me to detach some cable from the neg side of the battery. Is this necessary?
Step 4: The manual shows the prying of the stock casing where the tweeters will in placed. How difficult is this part?
Step 5: This step might be straightforward if the cable needed to connect the tweeters will be easily found.
Step 6: Attach the entire kit at the corner of the window. How difficult is this?
Step 7: Connect the cable that was removed from the battery in Step 3.

Any extra tips will be great! I will try to install them tonight....
1. No, the grills are attached to the replacement plastic covers and do not need to be removed.
2. The speakers just snap into place. Both sides are the same, and should be snapped in so the wire connector points down, and the front of the speaker points out. You do have to push a bit, but not too hard.
3. Yes, you need to disconnect the battery to prevent problems.
4. Easy, I did it with just my hand. No tool was needed, just pull it off at a slight angle.
5. Yes, the cables are snapped into the existing covers, so are very easy to find.
6. Easy, you just plug in the wire connector and snap the new cover into place
7. Reconnect the battery and you are in business.

The entire process takes about 10 minutes. It is really very easy, and I don't know what you could do wrong that would break anything. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried installing the kit and you were right, it was pretty simple. Took me 15 minutes though... Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2010 2.5x special edition
49 Posts
Why would you need to unhook battery to unplug and plug in new tweeter if ignition is not turned on?

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Why would you need to unhook battery to unplug and plug in new tweeter if ignition is not turned on?
you don't but its a precaution they tell you more for a CYA for them, insurance reasons and all that junk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts