Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several entries here about the check engine light going on that seem similar to my situation, but would like to outline here what happened to me. I have a 2017 Forester Touring, purchased used, less than 20K miles. Parked car in garage last night. Started this a.m. and the check engine light and a sound and a car on a slant light and a car on a bumpy road light and all CAPS EYE SIGHT in center lit and and and. What the heck could have happened overnight!!? I took to my mechanic today. He read the codes and said SEVEN code indicators like "loose gas cap" (was not loose...am extremely aware of this and had driven the car for a week since I last filled up). Also low tire pressure. Etc etc. Since I am an old IT person, first thing I am thinking is that some electronic component has gone berserk. I think it is a poltergeist! My mechanic says to take to the dealer, which I will, but would love to know what you think! (P.S. Please speak in plain language as I am not a car geek...thanks!)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,953 Posts
@Elra45 my first thought is what's discussed in this thread. You might peruse it to see if it sounds like what you're experiencing: :confused:

Dashboard Lightshow - SOLVED!

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - ODD check engine multiple lights

My mechanic got multiple error codes and suggested I take the car to the dealer as it was still under warranty. Dealer replaced the battery free. The gas cap was apparently also not tightened correctly but that was a coincidence with the low battery power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts