Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester STi SG9 6S M/T
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running my car just fine, pulling hard but suddenly cel started to turn on, then off, then on again.
Was driving 30 minutes in that condition and finally turned off.

when the cel was off I deceided to scan my car and found the cel code P2092 & P2089 was recorded. Turned on my car and at idle depressed the throttle to 3000rpm and the cel turned on again.

The code description was OCV SOLENOID VALVE SIGNAL A CIRCUIT OPEN (BANK 2).

what is OCV? where is located and what should look at to fix it?

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
239 Posts
Check your oil level.... oil light on the dash goes out immediately after starting the car?
Oil Control Valve for your AVCS. Usually means it's a lack of oil pressure. I have seen this from a clogged filter inside the feed banjo bolt, or lack of oil pressure in general.
Absubtle
CO

·
Registered
2006 Forester STi SG9 6S M/T
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your oil level.... oil light on the dash goes out immediately after starting the car?
Yes.

Oil Control Valve for your AVCS. Usually means it's a lack of oil pressure. I have seen this from a clogged filter inside the feed banjo bolt, or lack of oil pressure in general.
Absubtle
CO
Thanks for the info...this was the situation today: in the morning the cel turned on after driving the car for 15 minutes (after the first start of the day), just drove 1 hour with cel in that situation.

At night, started the car but the cel was no present....drove the car 01 hour again but the cel was always off.:confused::confused:

the feed banjo bolts you are refering are located in the cylinder head in the front of the car??

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
239 Posts
Yes.

Thanks for the info...this was the situation today: in the morning the cel turned on after driving the car for 15 minutes (after the first start of the day), just drove 1 hour with cel in that situation.

At night, started the car but the cel was no present....drove the car 01 hour again but the cel was always off.:confused::confused:

the feed banjo bolts you are refering are located in the cylinder head in the front of the car??
Driver's side is on the front of the head, by the oil fill tube. The passenger side is on the rear of the other head, underneath the suction pipe.
I haven't ever seen these solenoids go bad, unless they are heavily damaged.
I really hope it's a simple fix.
Absubtle
CO

·
Registered
2005 Impreza WRX STI 6 Speed
31 Posts
Bumping an old thread. Our 08 FXT threw the P2092 CEL recently, so I changed the OCV for bank 2. Today my wife complained that it is having the same rough idle as when the P2092 normally occurs.

I thought 07+ models of the EJ25 had no screens on the bajo to clog or was this just on the turbo feed? I'll try to pull the banjo on the driver's side head today and inspect it.

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
That was only on the turbo feed there are still screens in the banjo bolts for the heads.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
230 Posts
Bumping an old thread. Our 08 FXT threw the P2092 CEL recently, so I changed the OCV for bank 2. Today my wife complained that it is having the same rough idle as when the P2092 normally occurs.
Just a thought, but could the connector plug have been bumped loose (did you check if anything apparent appears loose)?
I'm jut mentioning as it's one of the reasons why I had a Christmas tree of check engine lights when I put my wiring loom back in.

P

·
Registered
31 Posts
Connector was good and snug on the old OCV and when I reinstalled the new one. I may check the internal pins on the inside of the connector to make sure they are not damaged.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pulled the banjo and it is screen free.

I'm really at a loss. OCV was replaced, banjo looks fine. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
AVCS is functioning fine on the left side after re-assembly, so it is possible my wife is noticing something normal. No CELs from OCV, no misfires, no lean conditions. Monitored it with the Cobb AP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts