Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at catbacks, and I know we all love stromung, me included. But it's out of my price range. I've heard that OBX is basically a knock off of stromung's single tip. I have a nice off road oriented tucked up exhaust with a down dump that I had custom made, but I'd like something with a good tone and a cleaner looking tip.

I searched around but couldn't come up with much. What I want to know is, has anyone put one on a 04/05 x? What did it take? Longer hangers or more than that. And if so does anyone have a picture of it on the car? Especially from the side/rear!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the custom one! very off road oriented. and now for sale if anyone's interested!

From Behind:

And below:

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, had the shocker ones custom cut by a buddy of mine! Match the yellow roof rack perfectly!

^
Thank you, that was the plan. Get it up and out of the way. I now have a plan for a more aggressive off road vehicle! The forester is all street now.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's on! Wasn't to hard. Broke one of the bolts by the donut gasket, so right now I have a massive exhaust leak! It took one napa longer hanger (part # 35719) on the rear passenger side of muffler and it lines up PERFECTLY! Sits about half inch below bumper and maybe half an inch out from where the stock chrome tip is. Still behind the edge but looks great! Sound is good, can't totally tell yet because of the leak, but for sure nice deep rumble, very mellow at low rpms. Haven't had it at WOT yet.
I'll get some pictures tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts