Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my accessport, and I've been just fooling around reading the OBD sensor info as I drive. I was curious if anyone knew where it reads the boost pressure?
I'm assuming the intake temp (which is always about 15 degrees higher than ambient) comes from MAF sensor, but not sure where boost is read. Manifold Pressure Sensor most likely?
I'm actually somewhat impressed with the power of the stock turbo so far. I am half tempted to upgrade TMIC for flow, and exhaust just to see how the stock turbo performs. It seems not a lot of people on here talk about it, but I might be interested in it. Every time I make an upgrade to the car it just seems to respond in an amazing (good) way.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
^^Correct, the IAT sensor is with the MAF, and the MAP is on the TB, which is how the ECU measures boost.

Whenever you hear "stage 2", that is people doing supporting mods around the stock turbo. Many on here have seen what they can push out of the TD04, including myself. You can pretty easily pick up 30-50whp with supporting mods on the stock turbo, mods such as turbo back exhaust, intake, turbo inlet, STi TMIC, and a tune.

I ran [email protected] with just an uppipe and TBE, and of course a Foos special tune up to 20 psig:) I wouldn't recommend that last part as your turbo won't last too long and you would end up looking for a bigger one...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts