Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Forester with 63,000 miles has a CEL with codes of P0028 and P0026. My dealership said everything seems fine, light was out and the codes are history according to service advisor. Should I be worried? I am under warranty until 70,000 miles but I have a mountain cabin in a pretty desolate location and must have reliable car...HELP!

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
The codes read as" P0026 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 and 2". Doesn't sound extremely serious but if the light omes on again definitely bring it back to them.

·
Registered
2001 Forester Automatic
151 Posts
My 2006 Forester with 63,000 miles has a CEL with codes of P0028 and P0026. My dealership said everything seems fine, light was out and the codes are history according to service advisor. Should I be worried? I am under warranty until 70,000 miles but I have a mountain cabin in a pretty desolate location and must have reliable car...HELP!
If it is under warranty and the CEL is on they should address that issue for you. If the light came on briefly and then went back out it may be hard for them to isolate the cause of the intermittent issue until the light stays on steady. I dont know what the the P0026 and P0028 codes refer to as they they arent ones my car has available so my service manual/alldata account don't have them listed. Sorry...

edit- Real got it covered for ya :)

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Check engine lights=creating hysteria in owners since their invention. They are generally just indicating a potential issue. If the car continues to run fine don't worry.

·
Registered
233 Posts
P0026 for me today. Research online shows this is a rare code. Others have found cleaning and tightening the connections to the solenoid eliminates it.

Crossing my fingers...

Link with pics of solenoid location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts