Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are 2 events left until fall @ TOBAY. this is a must attend event, even if you just want to come and watch to see what its all about! ive been trying to drag you guys out forever, please take my advice - its the most fun youll ever have.

march 28th
april 3rd

the weather is looking decent for this sunday. i know me and sofakinglong are going, figured id throw it out there for any1 who wants to experience an auto-x @ the best venue NY has to offer.

IF any1 is interested be there by 7:45am the latest, these events bring a large crowd and its best to get on the registration line ASAP. bring $40 and a snell approved helmet(they will have loaners available), drinks/food(there is a roach coach on premises) and some blue painters tape to make numbers on your car. i have everything else you could possibly need like tools, chairs, tent, etc.

i hope to see a few of you guys out there, im really trying to push the sport and get a better forester showing out there.

tobay beach is located on ocean parkway a few miles east of the jones beach ampitheatre. just enter, tobay beach, wantagh in your gps/google maps/mapquest.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for sunday the weather looks good, just a little chilly! if you decide to come, dress appropraitely! oh well figures no interest, me and sofakinglong will be representing for the fozzys anyways...

dancing bacon man will be there! :bacon:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, well big ups to sofakinglong my autox partner in crime for another kick donkey event! its so fun to turn heads in our fozzys! i took 2nd and dwight was right behind in 5th. my other buddy w/ his 135 just edged him out for 4th by .2!

also good seeing sqc146(jimmy), thanks for stopping by and showing some support. the new wheels look good! i posted up a few vids in the motorsport forum in my thread if you guys wanna check it out!

NEXT SATURDAY last tobay until the fall. i hope some of you make it! i believe new2scooby will be attending this event finally! and me and dwight of course as long as his wifey doesnt have their baby early. early congrat and gluck on that as well dwight! "daddys home" LOL!

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
109 Posts
tobay

I got notched out by .2 oh that hurts, at least it's by an autocross regular. I want to see how we did overall. I know we hurt a few feeling out there. I'll take 5th for my first autocross event this season.This saturday is the baby shower, if I can find a manikin and a tape recorder I think I can make this next event.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yea it takes forever for them to post results over in PCA land. we're lucky i was able to even see the final times and snap a pic w/ my phone, LOL! last event you smoked craig, but he was on his winter tires. you guys are always really close w/ you usually edging him out actually - you are a regular now too!

i always thought that the baby shower was a girls only type of thing... but i know nothing about it hahah. gluck big d, thats a valid excuse! work on that manekin!

weather is looking awesome for this SAT, 65* and sunny. finally spring is here!

HOLY **** ill eat my words, the results were posted! 4th overall out of 60 cars *****es!!!!!!!!! and dwight you were 14th! you actually coned away 4th place and 12th overall besides the 2 cones you hit! craig was 12th in his 135, awesome fozzy showing!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant say it enough, but i wish all you active sf.org members lived closer also...

i have a ton of buddys and local subaru forum members who race w/ me, just a limited #(2-3) of foresters. i can lead a horse to water, but cant make them drink!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thats laughable actually because a track day is much more wear and tare on a car, not to mention almost 10x the price!

youre the one exception and you dont even have a forester anymore... in my auto-x thread i have tons of track days listed and no one is ever interested either. ill be doing an EMRA event @ either pocono or njmp later in the year. ill wager im the only one like usual!

·
Registered
2005 9-2x Aero Manual
343 Posts
thats laughable actually because a track day is much more wear and tare on a car, not to mention almost 10x the price!

youre the one exception and you dont even have a forester anymore... in my auto-x thread i have tons of track days listed and no one is ever interested either. ill be doing an EMRA event @ either pocono or njmp later in the year. ill wager im the only one like usual!
:icon_razz:

yeah i know i don't have a forester anymore, but the forester enthusiast community is way cooler than most of the sti people, so i'm sticking around.

i'd like to check out njmp, so if you go that route i'd be down to join. i registered for lime rock on april 30 with nasa. are you interested in lime rock? if not in april, emra has something there in july i think. i've only done 2 track days, one at lime rock with the forester, and one at summit point with the sti. lime rock doesn't feel like it beat on your car bad, but summit point sure as hell does.

my friend used to do a ton of autox in his mini, but slacked the last year or 2. he just recently replaced the mini with a 135i, and is looking to get back into autox. he's been on me about trying it, so i am sure i'll end up doing it in the near future. so far it's just seemed way more appealing to me to get some seat time on a long smooth track as opposed to a short rough parking lot.

i think he's actually planning on heading to englishtown this weeklend.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very interested in limerock but its like 270-290 for the day. i kinda want to get some track specific pads first and do the EMRA event cus its like 100+ cheaper + it gives me more time to get the car/myself ready. im thinking fall also, because the weather will be more favorable...

id also like to do an event @ monticello because it looks so beautiful. to be honest though after cruising nasioc lately, so many subies have been eating it @ the track. worries me a little bit and reminds me to always check the brakes out b4 you run!

·
Registered
2005 9-2x Aero Manual
343 Posts
very interested in limerock but its like 270-290 for the day. i kinda want to get some track specific pads first and do the EMRA event cus its like 100+ cheaper + it gives me more time to get the car/myself ready. im thinking fall also, because the weather will be more favorable...

id also like to do an event @ monticello because it looks so beautiful. to be honest though after cruising nasioc lately, so many subies have been eating it @ the track. worries me a little bit and reminds me to always check the brakes out b4 you run!
yeah emra is definitely cheaper. i did the one event with them, so i ate up my first timer's discount. now the difference is minimal for me. either way, i am open to whatever. some others on here had expressed interest in doing a track day, so it'd be great if we could pick an emra event, and get a group together. i'd assume for most it will be the first, and there will be a nice discount through emra for them. i want to try monitcello also, looks nice and it's closer than limerock.

i haven't read those threads about subies eating it, i think i'll stay away from nasioc. in my very limited experience, it seems very safe to me, as long as you stay within your limits as a driver, and are aware of your car's limits.

i did pick up a set of carbotech pads before i tried the one event with my sti, and they seemed to work really well. of course, i didn't have anything to compare to, it is the only event i did with the car, my one other event was on stock brakes/pads with the forester.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^bingo just didnt want to be the one to say it LOL :biggrin: every1 thinks it is fast until the timing board lights up and breaks hearts...

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
I would love to get into road racing. If I knew I was going to mod my fxt like I have I would have bought a manual and did a 6 speed swap with goodies and made it more of a track slut. The plan was to keep it stock, which didn't last long.

But, point in case, I know of a lgt with 380whp and a sti with 450 whp. Neither has seen the drag strip, auto x or road course. All talk!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as far as im concerned dynos are for inflating egos. unless there is a trap speed to back it up, its useless in my eyes.

for example my dyno numbers are bs, i dyno 258/305 @1.12 correction on a dyno dynamics and i only trap 97mph. my hp number seems about 10-15hp high and the tq is way off. even though the car feels quick, the 4.44s and td04 up top just have nothing. down low though the car is a beast...

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok enough talk about dynos and parking lot queens :biggrin: the last TOBAY event of spring is this saturday! last chance to get your conebash on in this lot until october. hope to see a few of you guys out there, i know dwight may not make it due to his baby shower and new2scooby was scrambling last minute to get his brakes on. but thanks to sleeperxt was able to source the part he was looking for. KEN is a team player, way to be the man!

the weather is going to be perfect and i expect a very large turnout. if any1 is considering going, be there by 7:30-45am the latest! ill be there bright and early so i can be one of the first on the reggy line so i can prep the car and do a course walk or two then just relax why every1 else scrambles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts