Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Lim CVT
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5i Limited with Nav (my first subie), and for the most part love it. The main (only?) thing I miss from my last car (09 HHR) is the stereo, as it had a 240W stereo with Sub from factory.

I do not have any need to blow the doors off it, or annoy the neighbors (too much), but would like to match the factory stereo from my HHR. I have limited funds (due to my wife being in charge of it), but would like to make a few upgrades.

First question - I noticed that there are speaker grills in the top of the dash for what I assume is separate tweeters. Would those have something in them, or is that only on the touring? If there is not any there, should the wires already be there?

I am prety sure that the Nav head unit is the same as in the touring model, so I would assume most of the parts are there. If so, would I need an amp, or does the unit have a built in amp?

Is the factory sub powered? Is it difficult to install?

I am thinking about just going to a slim powered sub if I can find one that would fit in the cargo area below the back floor to keep it hidden, has anybody tried this? Would I be better off getting one for under 1 or both of the front seats?

Thanks for any advice. I am not afraid of a little labor, but don't want to mess up door panels, or make things get loose and start rattling.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
252 Posts
The 14 Limited does in fact have tweeters in the dash, even with the cheapest factory radio (non Nav). I just disconnected my stock in dash tweeters last weekend in favor of the tweeters that are now in my doors that are part of my JL Audio Separates.

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts