Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
if you can you should volunteer;
usually they put newbs with another person as route marshalls, you have to stand there and make sure no one accidently gets onto the course..
you get way closer to the action that the spectator spots..
a shot from a vol/photog @ Cochrane rally 2009;

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
if you can you should volunteer;
usually they put newbs with another person as route marshalls, you have to stand there and make sure no one accidently gets onto the course..
you get way closer to the action that the spectator spots..
a shot from a vol/photog @ Cochrane rally 2009;
Agreed, volunteering is by far the best way to get close to the action and rub elbows with the drivers and crews. If it's anything like the US rallies, they're always looking for course marshals etc. Roo and I used to work finish timing controls at ROTW Rally before it went the way of the dodo... nothing like sitting at the edge of a cliff having rally cars blast by you at full speed! The other byproduct is, you get to drive the rally stages with your car to get to your assignment! :biggrin:

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was fun driving to the event. I had to drive through a rather large icy muddy puddle. Someone (I think a WRX) lost his right front wheel well plastic AND rally armor mud flap going through it. The key is always the right line. He picked the wrong line.

My 21 month old daughter also liked it. Now I have to find another event. Soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts