Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XT Blouch 20G-XTR 4EAT
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove this because the fuel rail was hitting it when I was trying to change the injectors. It's the black sensor with the white dot on it. There are some gears inside of it and I am worried that if I did not line it up perfectly so that the gears are centered that it may not function correctly. Anyone know what it is and how to put it back together if there is a right and wrong way?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi 4EAT
1,430 Posts
Looks like the TGV's. Not sure how to go about re-installing what you unplugged though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was always wondering what a tvg is. I hear a lot about on the forum. I took the 2 screws out and then put it back in. There is half of a gear set on the end toward the engine and another smaller full gear set on the actual unit I took out.
Thanks for the info though. This is my first subi I have modified.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
230 Posts
I was always wondering what a tvg is. I hear a lot about on the forum. I took the 2 screws out and then put it back in. There is half of a gear set on the end toward the engine and another smaller full gear set on the actual unit I took out.
Thanks for the info though. This is my first subi I have modified.
Tumble generator valve, used for start up to create turbulence in the air and it helps with cold start emissions, but impedes airflow the other 99% of the time.

I pulled mine and replaced with composite ones to block heat transfer from the engine to intake mani.

You could pull them, saw out and remove the butterfly valves, JB weld the butterfly valve stem holes and remove the motors and turn off the codes and tune then you get better flow...

P

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tumble generator valve, used for start up to create turbulence in the air and it helps with cold start emissions, but impedes airflow the other 99% of the time.

I pulled mine and replaced with composite ones to block heat transfer from the engine to intake mani.

You could pull them, saw out and remove the butterfly valves, JB weld the butterfly valve stem holes and remove the motors and turn off the codes and tune then you get better flow...

P
Thanks, but I don't want to modify it since was have smog checks in California. I just want to be sure that the gears don't need to be set an exact way like a timing mark does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts