Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New British sports car launched - Autocar.co.uk

British car firm SDR Sports Cars has revealed its three-seat V-Storm sports car at the Autosport International show.

The Ariel Atom-rivalling SDR V-Storm has a McLaren F1-style central driving position, which SDR claims gives the V-Storm the feel of a single-seat race car.

Power for the rear-drive, mid-engined V-Storm comes from a Subaru four-cylinder boxer engine tuned to produce more than 300bhp. The car weighs around 700kg and SDR claims it can get from 0-6mph in less than four seconds.

[edit: reckon this *might* be 0-60mph :) ]

It features a modular chassis design which allows customers to change the car’s bodywork and engine as more designs and power options become available.

SDR managing director Simon Dickens said: “I wanted to develop something new and exciting that gets the pulse racing and offers the thrills of a Seven, but with dramatic modern styling and the capability of carrying three people.”

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Looks pretty awesome, was hoping to see something like the atom using an H4. Seems like an ideal motor for a midengine setup. Looks pretty cool, I wonder what else they might do with it (would be awesome to see that with awd!). Only thing I dont like is how unfinished the rear end looks, looks like its missing a rear panel or something, don't want a gearbox as the rear crumplezone!

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ No , thats an ariel atom.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
My mistake they look remarkably similar, I wonder which ones faster. It would suck to be caught in the rain in either though.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
SDR managing director Simon Dickens said: “I wanted to develop something new...
"so I copied the Ariel Atom and put a different motor in it. That's new, right? Right?!?" :biggrin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
nothing better than a Lotus 7 with a 20B 3 rotor rotary engine in high output N/A specs

edit: i forgot, you get to build it yourself :D and i bet its cheaper also

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
Put a windshield and wipers on it and the Ariel Atom would be the ideal daily driver. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
nothing better than a Lotus 7 with a 20B 3 rotor rotary engine in high output N/A specs

edit: i forgot, you get to build it yourself :D and i bet its cheaper also
Yes, please! I'd love to get a Lotus 7 / replica. Rotary goodness only makes it sweeter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts