Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back for good. Went astray a few couple of years ago when I sold my 2004 XT. I bought a Mazdaspeed3 at the time and it had sat more often then not. Bought a 1999 Forester about a year ago and drive it daily.

Tonight I am back in the saddle.

Trading in the Speed for new 2010 Silver XT premuim. Nice car and fits my current lifestyle. Yep it is dog slow compared to the 2004 but at 41 with an almost 2 year old and a 5 year old my priorities are different. Hauling kids, racing bikes and living life. The car will be a nice extension rather than a thing to stare at.

Love this community and happy to be really coming back to the fold.:woohoo:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,355 Posts
Welcome back!! Can't believe the MS3 sat - but then again - that was my 2nd choice before I bought the FXT but it just wasn't practical.

How are you feeling with the SH versus the SG?

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to get some stuff right away. Cargo mat etc. I think I will like this one. Big sunroof, auto, leather. When I picked up the first 2004 it was in 03. 7 years is a long time and now I am 41. Two great kids later and new priorities. This car will meld into the family very well.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT auto Auto
510 Posts
Hey welcome back! We met up at the gas station when I was visiting Spokane back last October I was a visitor from Calgary, Alberta with the DGM 08 FXT. Think you just finished from a car wash while I was gassing up.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Redevil - I remember meeting you like it was yesterday! I guess that's why I love the THIS forum. Great people.

That's Awesome and I hope to see you around. I think I will get the bug on this one and do a few of the things that I really like on the 04.

The good news is that one of my top mods to the 04 was hood struts for the engine bay and now it comes standard. NICE

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Hi Redevil - I remember meeting you like it was yesterday! I guess that's why I love the THIS forum. Great people.

That's Awesome and I hope to see you around. I think I will get the bug on this one and do a few of the things that I really like on the 04.

The good news is that one of my top mods to the 04 was hood struts for the engine bay and now it comes standard. NICE

Now that's pretty cool, meeting up with another member in your travels.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Congrats & welcome back!

joe r

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:crazy: I remember watching that show!

Well I put my SF on Craigslist yesterday. Had about 6 interested folks right away. I was asking $5900. Sold it to the first guy that came to look. It was a nice car with 112k. He bought it for his 16 year old daughter. I would have bought it if it were for my daughter too. Oh except my daughter just turned 5

Funny I traded a basically new Speed3 and didn't give it a second look. But was uneasy selling my little SF after only owning it a year. I guess I still feel the sting of selling my last XT. Silly move.

The good news is that the new one sitting in the garage looks right at home. It feels like a family member already. Just waiting to serve.

The best part is when I told my wife I was thinking about swifts and sway bars, maybe an AP etc. right away she didn't bat an eye. She is happy with the move from the Mazda that sat and collected dust for the most part. Nothing wrong with that car. Everything right with the new one though. I already really dig it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts