Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Not a car person please need advice.

('06-'08) 
835 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  adc 
#1 ·
I have a 07 impreza SE. I have 3 codes on. 1. Bad front CAT 2. Evap Leak, 3. P0026--1

I have shops that are charging me 1100 for the CAT. The Subaru dealership charges 1100 as well but will diagnose all the problems for free as well. I have a shop willing to replace the CAT with a aftermarket for $800 with cash and 1 year warranty.

My question is, with my smog test coming up at end of month, should I go for the aftermarket for 800? or go to the dealership? I hear that aftermarket doesnt work all the time but with the warranty I feel better.

What would you guys do? It has 93k miles on it.

#7 ·
Location, Location, Location. That's always important, since there may be someone close to you that can offer advice as far as alternate friendly Subaru servicing, sometimes for less and by more honest than not service providers. My telepathic traffic wants to put you somewhere near Los Vegas, but that may not be accurate since being hit by the flu bug.

.... so if you want to give up your location, we may be able to help out with what I just alluded to.

Do the codes come back quickly after being cleared? Even places like Auto Zone will read the codes for free and tell you what they are. Any chance you can get the actual codes they read for the first two? I'm just saying that providing the last one tells us P0026 Subaru Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.