1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,365 Posts
I am pleased with the new look!

Very nice! After Hellas, lip next?

I've always flown wingless. :icon_wink:

Love it. If any, I'd go with the STi Limited piece. The reg STi unit is too loud for my taste.

Just a quick comment - I really dig the RA flaps on the Impreza, but they somehow look odd on the Forester. I guess they stick out a little more?

looks nice but i prefer the limited bumper with the sports grille
I love the combo (front view), but it's not so attractive from other angles. The Sports bumper has it beat in terms of sportiness, but that means bye-bye fog lights. Some folks don't care for the feature, but I prefer it.

SOA should have allowed the front under spoiler for the SG available in the US, but didn't....screw you SOA! :mad:

I bit the bullet and spent a chunk for one from japanparts.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a quick comment - I really dig the RA flaps on the Impreza, but they somehow look odd on the Forester. I guess they stick out a little more?
I think they are the same size and stick out about the same. FWIW, I use them not for the "rally look" but for the great job they do protecting the side of the car. I installed them on the WRX after I had about 6,000 miles on it and I was distressed to see the sand blasting that had occured on the rocker panels (not to mention all the tar and road grime that had to be cleaned off). After the RA flaps went on, the rocker panels were much better protected, so they were one of my first mods on the FXT. I'm used to them now, even though if they were strictly for aesthetics I wouldn't bother.

I love the combo (front view), but it's not so attractive from other angles. The Sports bumper has it beat in terms of sportiness, but that means bye-bye fog lights.
My thoughts exactly! From the side, the standard bumper gives the front end a "bulbous" look. Subies have plenty of "visual mass" forward of the front wheels and it's not always attractive. In that regard I agree the Sports bumper looks better than the Ltd.

Not sure about the lip but I had the STi version on the WRX which I very much liked. I'm betting I'll end up with one on the FXT too!

Thanks again to all for commenting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Canonshooter
Very clean and nicely detailed FXT. I'm purchasing a 2010 FXT and like what you have done. I will be purchasing the RA mud Flaps for protection. I will also be replacing the wheels and tires with no suspension mods. What style/size wheels and tires are you running?
I would also like to mount driving lights as you did but may have to find a different grille.

Thanks
Bob...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts