Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up on Saturday, came back today (Tuesday) little less than 300 each way, over 100 each day there puts it around 800 in 4 days. Lots of fun, gravel and sand but not much mud or anthing challenging witch was ok for me, I woory too much :)

Little Sister and nephew were with me, had a lot of fun, but happy to be back home!

North of Boulder Junction at a campground, quick break from the driving

Getting ready to head home

Lots of Help stuffing it all in there!

One last shot of nice sky......

Thanks for reading!!
Tony

·
Registered
1998 Forester
602 Posts
Man...you don't believe in packing light eh ?

I love the second pic..it looks like you are towing that shed/cabin behind you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little one did real good, 4 hour trip w/ just one stop each way. He slept most of time for the day trips, that was 1/2 the reason for them......

I packed heavy, lots of tools for possible repairs of the cabin& such, there is a chainsaw in there too :biggrin: Sister lives in Chicago and was up for 6 days so she had extra clothes, as did the little one for the uhoh's but there were none. Sleeping bags take up too much room, need a rack on top!

We go up each year this time, some hunting, some just family get together for old times sake. Cabin was built by my Great Grandpa and family in '46. No electric or running water, just the way it's supposed to be!

Thanks much,
Tony

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While I love the mountains to our West, up north is SO much cheaper and easier. I wish I spent a month or more there each year.....

Tony

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
Nice pics and story. The background in your 1st photo looks like a classic ruffed grouse cover, would love to spend a day in there with a setter and my old Ithaca 16ga. double. And then to come back to that cozy cabin...ahhh.
Thanks again,
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love going up nort der hey too. Haven't got the Fozzie up that way yet but I did buy it in the Eau Claire area which has many fun hills and curvy roads all over. Its a great place to test out a Subie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts